Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Eurovision 2009

Unforgiven_06

Turkey

hi Ladies and gentlemen!!! I want to open this topic to coment about the candidates and songs for Eurovision 2009. I want to start the conversation by saying that my favourite one is OF COURSE TURKEY AND HADISE "DUM TEK TEK" ;)

06:43 PM Mar 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

oh,i'd like to listen to this song :) Could u give a reference? Btw i have heard that Georgia refused to participate in Eurovision!

08:00 PM Mar 11 2009 |

Unforgiven_06

Turkey

with great pleasure.

Here is Turkey's song:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5227573029354217609

i dont know the details about why Georgia refused. Can it be because of the previous war between Georgia and Russia about Osetya?

09:03 PM Mar 11 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

as usual Poland will be last, our 'society' chose ballade again :/ I'm so happy… (it's irony of course, I'm not happy, I'm devastated that Polish are so stupid and chose such song…)

10:14 PM Mar 11 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I´m not from Europe, but I like to watch this competition!! I have seen only the internal competition in Spain.

I don´t understand some of the rules (for example that some countries go straight to the final competition and stuff like that).

Last year I love "The fire in your eyes" from Israel, "Qele qele"  from Armenia and "Secret combination" by Greece. I don´t like  that "Believe" had won the last year competition…

10:45 PM Mar 11 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

I remember 'Qele, qele' it was nice song, I liked that, did you watch Eurovision when won 'Lordi'? I was so surprised, their song and wearing were strange… :S

10:54 PM Mar 11 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Hahaha! Yeah! It was kind of strange!!!

I have heard that Lordi films a horror movie… something stranger than the fact they had won Eurovision, don´t you think?? Hahahaha! It has not been released here in Mexico, so I suppose it will be released directly to DVD.

01:08 AM Mar 12 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

Abt Georgia:  yeah, as far as i understood their song content was politiacally incorrect. One line in particular,sounds like "We don't wanna put in"( but Putin is a surname of russian Prime Minister) I don't know the details, but  it is surely because of the conflict between these two States!

08:37 AM Mar 12 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I thought every country has freedom to participate with the song they want…. not matter the lyrics. In fact, I think is kind of stupid not allow Georgia to participate only because the sound of "put in", but well, there are rules I suppose, then we need to follow them.

03:24 PM Mar 12 2009 |

Unforgiven_06

Turkey

Their (Lordi's ) voice would have been better to act in a horrror movie rather than singing. And thanks to God, soon they found their way :D

This year our biggest rival will be Armenia of course. because i heard that S.O.A.D. (System of A Down) will participate in. They are making good music in rock and i also like their songs. But they are a big fan of "Genocide Claim", which is still remaining to be as a crisis between Turkey and Armenia. And i heard that they will join eurovisin with such a song, in which the sentences usually imply the genocide. The diplomacy is still trying to work to interrupt them for their aim. And i hope soon the diplomacy can manage to find the truth and do whatever is required.

07:22 PM Mar 12 2009 |