Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Chinese Pop Music Recommendation

jeffrey_lee

China

i recommend Chinese pop music to someone who are interested in Chinese music or Chinese language.

One is Jay Chou(周杰伦), from Taiwan, who is the most popular pop singer in Chinese Mainland, Chinese Taiwan, Hongkong, Macau and southeast of Asia. His pronounciation is difficult to listen to clearly and the content of his songs are also difficult to understand even for Chinese people because he sings fast. But Jay's words of songs are meaningful and several songs of them are adapted from beautiful Chinese poems. But for Chinese language learners, i suggest that Jay Chou's songs are not suitable for learning Chinese, otherwise you will be misguided by his songs.

Another one is JJ(林俊杰), from Singapore, who is my favorite pop singer. His songs deserve to be listened to repeatedly. The melody and rhythem are beautiful and JJ's voice is tender. The words of his songs are also meaningful and full of the strong flavor of Chinese traditional culture. One of a song is adapted from the story of Caocao who is a character of literacy classic - Three kingdoms。This song is widely acknowledged as the best in his all albums. Unlike Jay Chou's, JJ's words of songs are very suitable for Chinese language learners.

09:27 AM Nov 04 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Solomia

Solomia

Ukraine

Give some links!Becouse Im not able to find it by my self!

01:15 PM Nov 08 2007 |

coco wang

coco wang

China

my favourite album is 'fantasy',i love the ‘black humor' most.jay's new album is interesting but not very beautiful,  but i like the song 'busy cow boy',interesting one.

01:45 PM Nov 08 2007 |

richard025

China

i love beyond's music-from HongkongCool

love Xuwei's music-from XianCool

love Wangfeng's music—from BejingCool

03:03 PM Nov 08 2007 |

richard025

China

why some my characters add line???????

03:05 PM Nov 08 2007 |

richard025

China

why some my characters add line???????

03:06 PM Nov 08 2007 |

shimin1212

shimin1212

China

faye wong,the best singer in china~!

06:26 AM Nov 10 2007 |

China

Tongue outI love Jay Chou very much!

04:32 AM Feb 10 2008 |

sarahhi

sarahhi

China

I love Jolin Tsai!She created a miracle in China! She is my incredible goddess!

04:03 PM Jan 24 2012 |

雪月风花、

雪月风花、

China

I think they are all good at music,and now I also like Silence Wang.

11:25 PM Jun 06 2012 |