Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

what does "Break the element" means ?

hncuong1978

Viet Nam

I once heard someone said that "I finally break the element" and he explained that break the element is a common expression meaning to go outside when the weather is not very good, it might be rain, cold, ect. Do you guys use it in common ? Does that mean as my friend explain to me ?

01:27 PM Nov 30 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hncuong1978

Viet Nam

does anyone here have any time to help ? Recently, I find that the response from ask Ebaby! Teachers is way too slow or late, maybe you guys are so busy in real life

02:36 AM Dec 02 2010 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi! Sorry for the late response! We recently had Thanksgiving, a holiday when everyone spends time with their family and doesn't work. Maybe that's why we haven't been as speedy in our responses lately. Normally someone will answer your questions within 48 hours.

I'm not sure what "break the element" means. You might say "beat the elements"; that means survive or get by despite the bad weather. For example, "It was snowing and 0 degrees outside, but I beat the elements by going for a run."

AmySmile

01:02 AM Dec 03 2010 |

hncuong1978

Viet Nam

Thanks Teacher Amy a lot. Your response really helps

01:16 AM Dec 03 2010 |