Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

The Best Way

itachisharengan

Jordan

How should I study English baby lessons to get the most out of them?

Thanks.

10:04 AM Aug 08 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Thanks for writing! The best way to get the most out of English, baby! lessons is to listen to them several times while reading, join the discussions, practice using the vocabulary in sentences and make friends on the site who want to practice with you. We are also on Facebook and Instagram, where we offer more opportunities to learn new words and find out how they’re used. The more you practice, the better you’ll become at speaking English.
Good luck!
Amy

02:09 AM Aug 11 2013 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

From now on, My motto is “practice makes perfect.”

Thank you so much

12:01 PM Aug 13 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Excellent! Good luck with your studies. Please feel free to write to us here at English, baby! at any time to ask questions about English grammar. We are happy to help.

Best,

Amy

04:54 AM Aug 14 2013 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

From your experience, what’s tha best way to master tenses?

These days I want to read a masterpiece from American literature, would you recommend one for me?, what’s your favorite one

Thanks

11:28 AM Aug 15 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

The best way to master tenses is the same—listening to as many examples as you can and practicing as often as possible. Can you watch TV in English? The more you listen, the better you will become.

As for a masterpiece from American literature, there are so many. A personal favorite of mine is called “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee. It was published in 1960 and is a story about a family in the South of the United States. It’s written from the perspective of a little girl. It’s an American classic!

Best,

Amy

04:31 AM Aug 18 2013 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

Why do you prefer “To Kill a Mockingbird”?. Do you like the writing style of the author or the theme of this classic? tell me, please!!

I read a short summary about it, and definitely, I am going to read it.

08:48 AM Aug 21 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I like both the writing style and the theme. It is a warm story filled with humor, but it’s also a story about a man who chose to defend someone in trouble when no one else would. It’s an interesting look at the issue of race in America as well. There are many good things I can say about “To Kill a Mockingbird.”

I hope you like it. Please write again and let me know!

Best,

Amy

09:07 PM Aug 23 2013 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

Definitely, I am going to read it, you encourage me to do so.

your taste in literature is great. I am always goning to take your advice when I want to read a novel or a book.

Thank you so much!.

03:49 PM Aug 24 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

You’re welcome! :-)

04:31 AM Aug 28 2013 |