Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

How to teach my baby english?

CaroNovoa

Costa Rica

Hello, I’m from Costa Rica, we have spanish as our native lenguage, I speak english too and my husband is from Jamaica and he speaks english only, my 1 1/2 years old son stays with my mother while we both are at work and my consern is that by he being around them most of the time, he is starting to repeat the words in spanish and understanding instructions in spanish but when me or his father talk to him in english he don’t follow the instructions,he just don’t seems to get it,  so how can I introduce english lenguage as his complementary basic lenguage from early now?

thanks in advance for your comments

02:43 PM Nov 03 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mgl.gana

Mongolia

03:55 PM Nov 08 2011 |

bkmiller69

bkmiller69

United States

don’t give the baby to your mother unless she speaks english. put the baby in an english speaking daycare or pre-school.

11:06 PM Nov 09 2011 |

Faris1886

Faris1886

Saudi Arabia

I don`t think it is right to teach him two languages.

anyway children can learn two languages at the same time . I think watching cartoons in English will do the job .

12:54 AM Dec 16 2011 |

rocky thapa

Nepal

Hello, I’m from Costa Rica, we have spanish as our native lenguage, I speak english too and my husband is from Jamaica and he speaks english only, my 1 1/2 years old son stays with my mother while we both are at work and my consern is that by he being around them most of the time, he is starting to repeat the words in spanish and understanding instructions in spanish but when me or his father talk to him in english he don’t follow the instructions,he just don’t seems to get it,  so how can I introduce english lenguage as his complementary basic lenguage from early now?

thanks in advance for your comments

07:41 AM Dec 19 2011 |