Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is ur feeling when....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

what is ur feeling when u see some one stareing at ur wife, sister, ...when u r walking?

06:16 AM Aug 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

The Qur’an says in Surah 24, verses 30 – 31 what means:

*{Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigor, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.}"

These verses tell us that our Islamic dress is not just a matter of covering the head alone, but also of covering the bosom, which is attractive to men, and of lowering the gaze and walking in a way that does not attract attention. Note that the order to lower the gaze was addressed first to men…
The fact is that men do like to look at women’s bodies, so a woman who covers herself is more likely to be respected as a person than looked upon as a piece of meat!

Up until the end of the nineteenth century, a Western woman who had any self respect covered her head—though perhaps not all her hair—in public. Your audience may argue that a woman who does not cover her hair is no longer looked upon as a loose woman. That may be true, but women still know that men look at them. Otherwise, why would they spend millions of dollars every year to style, color, and treat their hair?

08:18 AM Aug 27 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

It is true that men don’t have to cover their heads, but there is a dress code for them, as well, although it is not so widely publicized as the women’s dress code. Men must at least be covered from the navel to the knees with loose fitting clothing. The rules for men are different because women are less likely to ogle men than the other way around.
salamSmile

08:21 AM Aug 27 2008 |

mini lony lee

Yemen

lool it`s happening alot. i have not jealous brotherCry.

once i was shopping with my older bro and there were boys staring at me and playing with their eyes,i got angry.i started shouting at him(mohammed do sth to him).and the only thing he did he just say to me(maybe he dozn`t mean it).at that moment i was angry with him all that time,but when i go with my cousin no one dare to look at me once my cousin  fought with 2 boys coz they were chasing me.i loved that.

but really every thing is abt our clothes when i wear good islamic one no one dear to look at me the solution is in our hands,so i started to wear good clothes an not atractive.gurlz we mustn`t pass the blame.we wear atractive clothes then say why they look at us like this.we dp send them a message  to do so.

so becarefil not for urself omly 4 the boys to

01:49 AM Sep 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"but really every thing is abt our clothes when i wear good islamic one no one dear to look at me the solution is in our hands,so i started to wear good clothes an not atractive.gurlz we mustn`t pass the blame.we wear atractive clothes then say why they look at us like this.we dp send them a message to do so.

so becarefil not for urself omly 4 the boys to"

ooh u hit the eye of truth though some try to deny it to spread vice….

but what attract me that , there r some hidden members digging for hidden topics, WOWSurprised..Wink

11:50 AM Sep 15 2009 |