Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Benefits of Becoming a Muslim

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Benefits of Becoming a Muslim

1. As far as the Creator (whose proper name is Allah) is concerned, you will be able to identify Him and get to know Him, His role and your relationship to His names, you will be able to communicate with Him any time, 24 hours a day, throughout the whole year. As a result of this category, you will be able to know your origin, your roots and the wisdom as to why you are on this planet. You will be able to have good answers to the questions why, how, when, where, what and other philosophical questions.

2. As a result of the first benefit, your loyalty, allegiance, and obedience will be to the Creator himself. You will transcend yourself from all types of allegiance for this world. This means that if there is a conflict of interest between your boss, your job, your government, your system or any worldly relationship with the Creator, you will undoubtedly put your trust in Allah, the Creator of the universe. You will follow Him before you follow anyone else.

3. As a result of the second benefit, you will be able to acquire peace, harmony, tranquility and happiness within yourself, with your family, with people of the world, with the environment and with the universe. One has to remember that the source of peace is Allah, and one of his beautiful names is that He is The Peace.

4. As an endorsement to the third benefit, you will get rid of the extra electrostatic charges from your brain and the central nervous system by performing the daily Salah. Through Salah, you are to prostrate by putting your forehead to the floor; and as such are grounding yourself, and you are discharging these extra charges into the ground. As a result of this act, you will get rid of many of the neurological diseases from your body.

5. As a result of the fourth benefit, you will acquire a pleasant personality. You will be friendly and amicable. You would not need to drink alcohol, to use drugs or to get involved in vulgarity or immorality.

6. Through the experience of fasting in Islam, you will be able to have self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline, self-education, self-evaluation, and self-obedience to Allah the Creator. You undoubtedly will be able to improve health, personality, character, and behavior.

7. As a result of the sixth benefit, you will be able to control your lusts, selfishness, desires, greed, ego, and conceitedness.

8. Another side reaction of the sixth and seventh benefits is that you will be generous and hospitable; you will try to purify yourself and your mistakes by sharing your happiness and your wealth with those who are less fortunate than you. Your rewards will manifold, compounded daily until the Day of Judgment.

9. By performing pilgrimage to Makkah, you will transcend yourself from being nationalistic, sectarian, or denominational into being universal. You will be part and an essential constituent of the rainbow of Islam. You will be also part of the brotherhood of Islam with those who already submitted themselves to the Creator. At the same time, you will get rid of any inferiority or superiority complexes. You will also find yourself in synchrony and harmony with all the prophets and messengers of Allah since the creation of Adam and Eve until the last final messenger to mankind, prophet Muhammad (pbuh). While in Makkah, you will be able to visit the places of revelation of the Quran as well as the places visited by prophet Abraham and members of his family such as Hagar and Ishmael. You will visit the place where the first astronauts, Adam and Eve landed on earth.

10. In becoming a Muslim, you will do your best to stop all types of exploitations in all their forms: economic, biological, mental, spiritual, psychological, political, etc.. You will also work to liberate people and give them freedom of worship, freedom of speech, and freedom of expression. You will be a leader and help lead people to peace, tranquility and happiness.

11. In accepting Islam, you will help to reduce all types of social ills in the society: juvenile delinquency, child abuse, domestic abuse, incest, homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, premarital relationships, extramarital relationships, and other vices.

12. As a result of the eleventh benefit, you will reduce and eliminate venereal diseases, AIDS, and other diseases of similar nature in the society.

13. Finally, when you die, you will die at peace. You will have a happy life in the grave and later, eternal happiness. Angels at the time of death will comfort you. They will also show you your place in paradise. On the Day of Judgment, you will be able to see and meet all the prophets and messengers of God to mankind including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. You will be able to see and meet any and all of your friends and relatives. You will live an eternal life of bliss in paradise.

Reflections:

The benefits mentioned above and many more cannot be purchased with money anywhere in the world. No one is to sell them to you or to advertise them on TV. You have to take the initiative yourself and try to acquire them by accepting Islam first and then by practicing its teachings. You should be honest with yourself, sincere, and truthful to the Creator. You should try wholeheartedly to practice what you believe, regardless of whether someone else is good or not While seeking happiness is a must, it should not be measured with other people's standards or with material gains. Happiness is from its potential to its kinetic forms. People around you should feel your happiness as well as benefit from you.

Are you ready to accept this challenge today? Remember, tomorrow may not come, and it will be too late?

By: Ahmad H. Sakr, Ph.D
Source: www.islamdoor.com

06:34 PM Aug 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

benefit of being a muslem??

having more than one wife.

06:05 AM Aug 30 2008 |

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

i think we should stop talking about islam because some of these people are just trying to mess up with islam view while they do not know that it is the true and the one thing that it is going to benefit them at the end

06:32 AM Aug 30 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

u r right pink,
but as there's envious ones ..ther also fair persons who dosen't know

09:31 AM Aug 30 2008 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Thank you all again and i'm really very sorry for i came late but really i'm very busy with many things…. Any way… to those who don't know about Islam just i would like to follow the truth until you capture it otherwise no thing is real,,, if you found yourself able to make what u practice logical,,, so it is your way of understanding the truth but try just to ignore the intolerance and be tough with your thoughts,,,, believe me the universe is so huge more than the circle you live in…. Every thing has a beauity and even this life which i have discovered its beauity with the meaning and aspects of Islam only after i was a way from the truth,,,,

for those who just don't like Islam for a reason or not,,, believe me i was just like you one day but when i removed my eyes from the behavioures of some muslim's actors and seek the islam meaning from its true and right source i have totally changed….. Islam something will never can be explained by books because it's the universe itself…

10:53 AM Aug 30 2008 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Mike qwen..... I ask to research the wisdom and also the conditions of wives variety…. and don't let the intolerance blind u,,,, dear,,,, i respect what you try to indicate but just for once seek the certain understanding…. Then jude your mind not passion….!! one thing to add to clear,,, that is some lesson was presented to me by Islam as a gift which is of being clean… Islam commanded me to wash my self 5 times per day and understood me the importance of washing after what's called (wetdream)... who just know of the non-muslims about this ??!! The science has proved that and the great wisdom of doing that…. Islam to is a gift and for those who hate Islam…. Please try to understand the mercy of this heavenly religion… no one will make you happy but your good deeds and acts ,,, Indeed…

10:57 AM Aug 30 2008 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Here i want to talk about my story when i embraced Islam a religion…. But with parts as my freetime allows to me… because especially these days,,, i'm so busy… hopefully i will complete soon,,,,

11:00 AM Aug 30 2008 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

It's really hard moment to stand in front of my laptop and apparently find my self disable to reveal my feels toward beauty of Islam and it has turned out to me true meaning of life after found Islam. My appreciation to Alla who has guided me and removed the blindfold from me to show me the lightness and true happiness. It is great moments to me when I see my self so happy and relax because of being Muslim, worshipping one God, supplicating to him only, and refuge to his mercy and forgiveness, that no one has the power except him and no able to benefit or harm me only by his willing. By the grace of Alla, it is the time to say for all those who still unable to understand the mysterious of theirselve find the conflicts which may be unanswerable. This the truth which may be first, I had experimented and used to follow it blindly and darkly, without even try to ask my self what is the solution but unfortunately, I had thought about the death. It is really a shame to approach the concept of death as a solution for all these conflicts. First time, I thought that I'm the only person or even from the minority of people, but after that I figured out how much I was mistake and this was the begging of my journey to research for the truth. I had asked my self once, why I'm here? And, what is the fate and way after death? Is true there is a God? So, does really we have been founded and created by the nature or just it's the Darwinism theory has applied on us to be founded by happenstance?? Many of questions had been realized me to seek the answers by a way or other. After that, I found my self confused by the conflicts of Christianity and really had reached to certainty that Bible is conflicted itself and followed the concernment of limited people and society such the priests and churches and I could not find any benefits for the public, so I asked my self what is the role of religion if it is unable to provide use the self-peace and life organization. I'm really so proud of my self when I pushed my self and give my self the courage to endeavor understanding the Islam machinery without any swither or dismay but with the confidence and the desire to find out the truth and life's solutions. Why I had selected Islam as my second station?? Simply, because a friend of mine who was embraced Islam recently, with a higher confidence asked me to seek the well-understanding of Islam, may I shall I get the solutions for my doubts. I had started by the Holy Quran which had the grace to make in away convinced by the machinery which Islam followed it to assure the successful life. In the first time, just got doubted and uncertain about some issues which mentioned in the holy book, but I tried to find a way to interpret and understand that and I referred to my friend who guided me to a Muslim scholar and asked him whatever I felt seemed not sense, but with all confidence, he first of all verified to me the truth of God's existence and he brought logical proofs from the life itself and that what expunged the Darwinism theory from my dictionary. I told him, let me now complete the search mission by myself and now I have to live among a musilm society to discover the in which sorts and ways Islam has effected them!! I moved to new residence and exactly I lived in a muslim quarter. All who were living there are muslims. I approached to them and visited them as they also did that. I found them so friendly with me and I had been known that they know I'm not the person who belongs to their culture and religion but the most important which they had felt good toward it was my respect to their culture and the way they live.

11:00 AM Aug 30 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

ooh, lastly u come man,
at all events, i hope who bear reasonless hatred agianst Islam to read fairly or shut up for ever…..
and who want to know or live ur life also read may they find what they r seeking…...
salam for all

02:23 PM Aug 30 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Moonman, you can also do good deeds without knowing any religion or not being a believer. There’re many values and norms which can organize what’s considered as good deeds.
Even a teenager knows that having a clean body will make you feel comfortable.

06:00 AM Sep 01 2008 |

Maariya

Maariya

Pakistan

Thanks so much for this topic.

02:55 PM Oct 07 2008 |