Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what do tou know about Algeria?

kikam

kikam

Algeria

dear friends, 

What do you know about Algeria, or what do you want to know about her?

i'll be happy to answer and know your point s of view..

10:45 AM Sep 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Tiffintime,

''Ofcourse we must not forget our history but also we must not keep it always fresh.''  My sentence was like that I didn't use we must forget negative things in our history, it was written by our ancestors, we can't change it, just we will find out something from our history.

By the way we have also kuskus. Exactly we use this word in Turkish (Kuskus). It is made with dough  we eat it as a macaroni I mean after hot food, My mom used to make it but it takes much time and she is a bit old. I guess she doesn't want to make it anymore. Take care

11:38 AM Sep 09 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

we mustn't forget our history ,but i agree that we did not participate in it and we should not  keep negative feelings.we should keep looking forward.

zeus, couscous is delicious and i think   you can find its pasta everywhere and it't  simple  to prepare.i hope you'll come to algeria and eat it as you know more than i know about it.Laughing

02:17 PM Sep 09 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Lilimira,

I like kuskus, if we decide to join a ship trip on the Mediterranean I'll eat much Kuskus when that ship drop in Algeria. :) I want to see much Algeria-Marocco-Tunusia, I hope we visit these places in future.

09:21 PM Sep 09 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Zeus,

Thanks for sharing,I am reading your post since the last 4 days & it gave me lot of knowlge about Algeria. algeria became a centre of attraction for me because it belongs to my respect worthy friend Lilimira.

Regards 

01:42 AM Sep 11 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Dear Devin,

Thanks for your words.I started a new action two weeks ago about country. I'll put on this page each sunday different Country.Step by step we'll learn our friends' country, our planet, many culter, food, historical places….

Be happy and Healthy.

09:21 AM Sep 11 2008 |

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

I have just finished Zeus post … and …

I don't know why I thought that Algerians refers to one of black racial groups of Africa.

I was reading Zeus's post and I was thinking :"why these Algerians are white??? – poor Zeus, has pasted wrong picture!"
But after few minutes net searching I see who got wrong…

tom

ps1.
many thanks to Lilimira,Kikam and Zeus.
Lilimira – no doubt, if someone meet her comments on ebaby must enter thread about Algeria.
Kikam – because he started this thread
Zeus – because… we know why ->for that picture Wink

ps2.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghrrr…
what I'm feeling now? It is a huge shame. (and Zeus is "guilty" – why he pasted those pictures??? Wink)

now I'm going to my cave and consume it.
when I find some justification for my ignorance I will come back.

10:15 AM Sep 11 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Tom,

I got enjoy while I was reading your message. Your sentences are humorous. not to like  is imposiible!

P.S. Cave and computure? I guess,  You live  more different cave age than we know, Frown.(This is just joke).

10:40 AM Sep 11 2008 |

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

I'm back here because I want to say that I didn't found any justification.
I just wanted to switch my ebaby username to 'caveman' on sign penances but it is already taken.

And I have to confess to another mistake…
At friday evening I read Kikam comment on some thread. I was reading and…(my thoughts->) "why Kikam is writing as he was SHE???....hymm Kikam sounds like male nick (in polish)... but … yeah, of course, I was looking his profile and there was some pic of the man! thats why I thought that Kikam is 'HE' " click, click and I got Kikam profile (my thoughts->) "female?!? how it is possible that I overlooked it? I dont know… than who is this guy? I suppose her husband… one moment, he looks familiar! ... yeah I know him from billboards! he must be some famous/great dancer/singer/movie star thats why she pasted his pic… ufff … what a shame again…"

Kikam please accept my apologies.

tom

ps1. does someone please could tell me who this guy is…? 

ps2. I'm going to the darknest end of my cave… some day I'll come back here and ask my questions about Algeria…

07:17 AM Sep 15 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

Hi tojman,

actually i'm a girl. the pic is not mine, i found it in internet and liked it very much, i loooove baby girls very much..

the pic is very nice, isn't it?

so, Mr. TOJMAn, i'm "she" not "he"...Laughing.

kikam is an abreviation of my name,it's an arabic name and i'm sure you can't guess it..Smile..

i never reveal my real name in forums and chats cause i like privacy..Wink i reveal my thaughts only..

thanks again for your posting

08:21 AM Sep 15 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

oups,i'm sorry tojman, i forgot to tell you that the guy is Zinedine ZIdane, the famous french football player. actually he's from algerian origines..he's my favorite foot ball player, please make a little googling and you'll know how famous this wonderful man is..Wink

08:31 AM Sep 15 2008 |