Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

for boys:can u accept a wife or a GF who is more talented than u?

+ & -

+ & -

China

can u accept a wife or a GF who is more talented than u?

04:56 AM Oct 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

owensky

Finland

old say,one succeed man must have a talanted women behind him.

08:02 AM Oct 27 2008 |

KarenZ

KarenZ

China

Hmm.. I think the original poster +&- was trying to ask: would you feel the "pressure" if your gf or wife is smarter than you are? It has something to do with macho, guys. Can you accept their being better educated and earning more money than you do? Many people here have problem with it as far as I know. Women with PHDs are having some difficulties in getting a partner..Maybe they are too "intimidating" to guys.

Well I think it's commonplace to the rest of the world :) See how those (ex) hubbies of the US celebrity ladies deal with it; They don't seem to be ok with the prosperity of their good old wives. Say, Reese Witherspoon's and Madonna's ex-hubbies :) (Gotta say I appreciate strong, independant ladies!)

As a matter of fact, people's monetary incomes rise to the same proportion of their capabilities. To most of the cultures, men still take the main responsibility of supporting the whole family.

I myself may probably won't accept my bf/hubby being less 'capable' than i am :p Maybe love is blind, maybe.

03:01 AM Oct 29 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

absolutely

especially if she is more talented in bed  Sealed

03:31 AM Oct 29 2008 |

shad84

shad84

United States

i dunno whatta say fewwas coz am nat gonna get married coz i have never been and may GAwd hewp me nat tah fall in wove…...........am scared of women and LOVE HURTS too

until later read aloooooooooong fewwas

06:03 AM Dec 08 2008 |

nichol147

nichol147

Malaysia

even i have wife more talented than me,i think im a special guys because she cant help me more

07:03 AM Dec 08 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

i cannot accept a husband or a bf less talented than meLaughing

but if i love him,i think he's more talented than me in my eyes

12:32 PM Dec 08 2008 |

KarenZ

KarenZ

China

Shad…What makes ladies scaaaary huh? Innocent I bet you'll fall for them if ya just get to know them alright…and I BET they are gonna love ya bro..Kiss...And, and how on earth do ya know LOVE HURTS when you've never ever been in looooove? Trust me, sometimes it does hurt but the sweetness will always linger in your heart

01:44 PM Dec 08 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Karenz is absolutely right. In fact almost all men will feel a bit depressed in the situations she describes. And there is scientific reasons too. Testosterone makes men more aggressive and hence they always want to be ahead. The male ego or the macho factor brings in a feeling of inferiority complex in most hubbies. However I think it is mostly reverse in case of a bf.
To be frank I’ll feel a bit depressed if my girl is MUCH MORE educated with respect to me. However if I really love her I will manage. After all human is an animal and a human who can control his animalistic characteristics and desires is a true human.

03:01 PM Dec 08 2008 |

shad84

shad84

United States

my dearest sister karen well thanks for yaw'r kind words sis but am sowry that am aint gonna risk doing that…..............all in all good luck but nat juss for me

i have seen fwends get hurt pretty bad so am aint gonna trynna get hurt as well

until later folks

why the heck should i try when am aint sure with myself,huh?

03:08 PM Dec 08 2008 |

KarenZ

KarenZ

China

Welcome Shad…am sorry to hear about your friends. You will know what it is all about when you meet your Miss Right…Anyway love is still the most beautiful thing in life. Love helps us grow. Best of luck

03:35 PM Dec 08 2008 |