Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

why does God allow suffering?

gkisseberth

Germany

Why does God allow suffering?

A

B

or C ?

01:45 AM Jan 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

m@nuelm@d

m@nuelm@d

Venezuela

Hey people, we are all free to do whatever we want!!,,so if there are bombs falling on any country, its not like the bombers asked GOD "hey,,can I drop a few ones?" and HE said "ya sure",,people behaves badly coz they want to, we choose if hurting or healing, GOD doesnt either allow or forbid anything,,dont blame HIM for our own waned brain, sadistic desires, and incompetence.

Human beings are the plague for human kind

Have a good day hehe

03:40 PM Jan 12 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Well whts a,b n c ,sry,i didnt quite got dat,neway i thnk sorrow n sufferng r gud in a healthy proportion as without sorrow,happyness dosent exists,ar without darkness theres no light,thnk abt it

06:52 PM Jan 12 2009 |

Misaki-kun

France

plagues, war, starvation, Christian rock   x)

Well, I'd bet C…

07:24 PM Jan 12 2009 |

Misaki-kun

France

B is not too bad  ^^

But we both know the real answer

07:26 PM Jan 12 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Misaki-kun: Christian rock?? Have you heard christian hip-hop?? When you listen this kind of hip-hop you´ll erase the rock of your list of "sufferings", hahaha!

Bakahashi:

the Holy books should be perfect too. The Bible was not written by God, in fact it was written by many years for different persons. And persons are not perfect.

if god is all loving and created everything too, then by creating evil, God is not all loving. Darkness is the absence of light, so in the same way, Evil grows in the absence of love. We were (and are) blessed by God with his love, but a person away of his lessons is capable to damage, hurt or even kill.  

10:19 PM Jan 12 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

gkisseberth That's a good question! I never thought you are a thoughtful person! Yes, why should some suffer for us? Why are not we the ones who suffered? I guess we should be thankful and help those in need! Are you willing to help? If yes, you are blessed, but why? If no, you are damned, and why? Is it all a CHANCE?!!!!! It happened that there were atheists all over centuries, you are neither the first nor the last, so do not worry. Believers may suffer as well as atheists for chances could be fair and unfair too, no big deal. Believers think that they will be rewarded, so they would take the matter easily, while atheists would probably commit suicide. Everyone would like others to follow one's path. You are free to promote your propaganda, but to underrate and disrespect others' beliefs it is unacceptable.

06:50 PM Jan 18 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

I think that life will be meaningless if we do not suffer.

You wouldn't enjoy happiness if you don't experience sadness or pain.

Imagine there is no death you will stay alive for instance if you had an accident or whatever happends to you you would not die.Will being alive be meaningful.I don't think so .Nothing makes sense if you didn't experience pain or suffering.

Finally I'm sure Allah is fair and I hope one day you will understand that.

08:32 PM Jan 18 2009 |