Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

EUROVISION 2009 MOSCOW

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Hey everyone :)

I think lot of people is looking forward to watch Eurovision song contest 2009.. thanks to Dima Bilan and his song "Believe" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGNdotSgDY or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawnwSYOCFU) Eurovision 2009 will be in Moscow (Russia)..

all necessary information u can find on the official Eurovision website: http://www.eurovision.tv/ 

now let's share.. what you think, who has more chances to win? or at least what you think abt participant from your own country?..

this year Russia is represented by Anastasia Prihod'ko with a song "Mamo" ("mom" in ukranian).. actually i think she doesn't have any chances to win.. let's hope she'll get a place within top-10 =P

10:29 AM May 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

They don´t sound as fairytales Laughing, I´ll give him the benefit of the doubt :

Track listing#TitleWriterLength1."Roll With the Wind"  Alexander Rybak3:342."Fairytale"  A. Rybak3:053."Dolphin"  A. Rybak4:164."Kiss and Tell"  TBA3:205."Funny Little World"  A. Rybak3:466."If You Were Gone"  Henning Sommerro4:317."Abandoned"  TBA4:098."13 Horses"  A. Rybak5:429."Song from a Secret Garden"  Rolf Løvland3:30

To be announced

Germany bonus track#TitleWriterLength10."500 Miles"  The Proclaimers3:24

Bonus track

[2]

#TitleWriterLength11."Vocalise"  TBA*4:31

04:53 PM May 19 2009 |

RadistkaAnn

Russian Federation

I liked the UK and Estonia.

But still I believe Rybak is the best! one! He himself  is likely to appear from a Fairytale. He is so sincere!

So, I think nobody will argue that Russia has made a fantastic show )))) 

06:53 PM May 19 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

the german destroy with their casting shows the music culture…here it is difficult to create the own music taste  for young people…..the young musician only want to win the casting shows and lose their own identity in relation to their own music….

Dieter Bohlen the creator of the first big casting show is like a cancer for the young musician scene in germany i think he wrote also the german song….

i am happy that the most people in europe could feel that there is with alexander rybak a real musician on the stage,not a casting and promotion musician, who cant play a instrument unplugged….

09:39 PM May 19 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

How can you say the UK getting 5th place is political? You are trying to say people voted for the UK because they favour it politically?

In 2003 we got 0 points. In 2008 we came in last position. In 2005 22nd, and in 2007 23rd. In 2004 16th and in 2006 19th. So since the Iraq war it has been said that people don't vote for the UK for political reasons. That's fine.

But for us to get 5th place now – this can't be political! So if we get a good result or a bad result – always political?

I'm fed up with people saying it is political. I think people are just too paranoid now. Always looking for a political explanation for why one country awards points to another.

I think it is logical that a Danish person will like a Swedish singer or song, or a Turkish will like an Azerbaijani, or a Bosnian will like a Serbian, etc. It is about similar cultural tastes, linguistic ability, and it might be that the singer is already famous in that part of Europe. Simple as that!

10:54 PM May 19 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Sawdestination

They don´t sound as fairytales..

did u listen to them? i mean did u read the lyrics? so, how can u say then that they don't sound as "fairy tales", huh?)) so what if their titles don't look like fairy tales' ones.. so what?)) dig deeper, read the lyrics :)

06:13 AM May 20 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

spontan
i wonder are those 2 guys who represented Germany this year famous in Germany? popular? .. cause hand on heart i saw them both at first time in my life..

06:31 AM May 20 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

hi star,

don't know on which  ...party mr.bohlen found these two guys,have never heard before from them…

by the way, we have also a violine dominated song in germany,this old song is cult in eastgermany,even young people like the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMsQ1KgUqU

12:20 PM May 20 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Hahaha! Easy Star! I´m not searching for a fight, hahaha! It was a simple comment, hehe! Have you thought about being a lawyer?? Hahaha! Take care! Laughing

03:51 PM May 20 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

I´m not searching for a fight, hahaha!
im not searching for it either))))
being a lawyer? hmmm, will think abt it ;)

06:02 AM May 21 2009 |

fantomas

fantomas

Azerbaijan

Yes i suppose Norway deserves 1-st place and we Azerbaijan r lucky about our result. I had olny downloaded Norway before final and then liked Germany after it. It is the second year we participate in this contest. Our singer Aysel was not so popular in Azerbaijan. she is a student at foreign languages university.  Although she is a student and not professional musician she gained best victory for us. as to Armenia i want to say that their music had been stolen from our dance "Nakhchivani" and some parts was from Middle Asian musics. Clothes were also mixture of Azerbaijan and other countries . And finally it is funny but stylists were azerbaijanian too. How poor they r!

07:35 AM May 24 2009 |