Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

'CIA behind Neda's death'

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

<!- YAELS: start of TD that holds the whole article-body ->

Islamic republic's ambassador to Mexico says American intelligence service may have been behind death of young woman who became symbol of opposition to disputed presidential elections

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 06.28.09, 08:38 / Israel News

WASHINGTONIran is accusing the United States of being behind the killing of Neda Agha-Soltan, the 26-year-old Iranian woman whose fatal videotaped shooting made her a symbol of opposition to the disputed June 12 presidential election results.

Iranian Ambassador to Mexico Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri made this accusation on Saturday night in an interview to the CNN television network. He denied that the young woman was killed by Iranian security forces and suggested that the CIA or another intelligence service may have been responsible. 

Ghadiri said that the bullet found in Neda's head was not of a type used in Iran. "These are the methods that terrorists, the CIA and spy agencies employ," he said. "Naturally, they would like to see blood spilled in these demonstrations, so that they can use it against the Islamic Republic of Iran. This is of the common methods that the CIA employs in various countries."

The Iranian ambassador said there were many elements in the investigation into the young woman's death which pointed to suspicions of American involvement.

"This death of Neda is very suspicious," Ghadiri said. "She was shot from behind. The location was where there was not much demonstration, there was no police presence and the gun that shot and killed her was a smuggled gun. It was not a government-issued gun… In our view, this would be the work of those who wanted to put more fuel to the flame against the government.

"My question is, how is it that this Miss Neda is shot from behind, got shot in front of several cameras, and is shot in an area where no significant demonstration was behind held… Well, if the CIA wants to kill some people and attribute that to the government elements, then choosing women is an appropriate choice, because the death of a woman draws more sympathy," Ghadiri said.

Neda in pictures – and after being shot (L) (Photo: AFP)

The American intelligence service rushed to reject the Iranian accusations. "Any suggestion that the CIA was responsible for the death of this young woman is wrong, absurd and offensive," said CIA spokesman George Little said.

Neda's death, which was documented on video, sparked a row across the world, with global media telling the story of the good-looking young woman who went out to protest and never returned. 

Her friends said that the Iranian security forces had ordered Neda's relatives and acquaintances not to hold a memorial service for her at a mosque and not to talk about her in public. The friends also claimed that Neda was shot by a security officer in plain clothes.

Earlier this week, Iranian security sources said that an unknown person had shot Neda and several other passersby, and not a member of the security forces. 

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3737891,00.html

06:41 AM Jun 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The Bahaii as well? How many Iranians can't go back to their country because of persecution against their religion?

I'm a Zionist, and to be honest, I'm pretty sure its the terrorist government of Iran that will be going to hell for its crimes against its own people, not us.

80 percent of people voted? So? What difference does it make if the election itself is rigged?

Don't bother calling Zionists racists, You and your disgusting racist president is that one that on a regular basis denies the Holocaust, one of the worst crimes in human history. 

So to hell with you and to hell with Ahmadinejad and to hell with every other Islamic dictatorship. History hates you and condemns you, and you have no future.

10:29 PM Apr 29 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

The Baha’i is a fake religion made by CIA and Britain intelligent service. YOU can't trick us, just seek the history of Baha’i between Shia Muslims and the history of Vahaabi between Sunni Muslims, they have made those fake religion between us to embroil Muslims to govern them and to hagridden Muslims.I don’t expect you to obtain your "true" information about Iran from CNN liar or from FOX lair or from BBC lair or their other allies.

Ahmadinejad is bad because he is trying to reveal the truth, because he works over 18 hours a day in his office to build his country, because he don't only work for the people of his nation but he think even of poor people in New Yourk and New Orlean and everywhere else and because he tries to encourage Muslims and people who are exile in their own country to wake up, and he tries to tell Americans "lets don't allow APAC make decision in your place".

He is bad and deserves hell because the media and the propaganda against him are so powerful that even our people of friends sometimes doubt about him. That’s Friends failure because they hear about us from our enemies.

The play is over "We will not allow Zionists racists to trick nations anymore".

I know that’s our sin, but lets go ahead; if that’s our sin so that’s a "good sin".God bless you fabs 

03:39 AM Apr 30 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The Baha’i is a fake religion made by CIA and Britain intelligent service.

You're a fool, manipulated by the lies of your government. the Bahai religion has existed for at least 100 years.

Ahmadinejad is bad because he is trying to reveal the truth,

Let's keep this into perspective. How is denying the systematic murder of 6 million people during WW2 'revealing the truth'?

I feel sorry for the Iranians. This is probably the most shameful government they've had in their history.

03:46 AM Apr 30 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Fabs!; Regarding "80 percent of people voted? So? What difference does it make if the election itself is rigged?" 

What’s your criterion to tell us like that? Because we haven’t two political parties in the evil hands of Zionists? Because less than 40 percent in western countries vote ? Because the liars voice shows distrust between our nation in a hand and in the other hand people are doing anything else to pound on the face of lairs?

if you open your eyes and see how evils kill people "even their friends" and how they kill innocent people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, even in US; 11 September, you will find how they can kill an innocent girl to do like they have done to perform the coup of 31th of Mordad in Mosaddegh Era.

As I told before the game is over! Nah!

God bless you again!

03:56 AM Apr 30 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

That's the way totalitarian regimes control their people. They create an outside enemy and blame everything on them.

There are many Iranians, as far as I can tell, that are not happy with the way things are in Iran and this has nothing to do with Israel, the USA, Britain, Santa Clause, the Martians… etc etc

And here's another question about the Bahai. Since when is it the government's business to tell people which religion they're allowed to have or not have?

Israel and Zionists have nothing against Iran and its people. It has something against the radicals in power that call for its destruction and arm its enemies.

Luckily, the days of the Islamic regime are numbered and it cant last forever.

04:13 AM Apr 30 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

At least our government doesn’t make a horrible crime like 11 September to trick their nation to make wars against empty hand nations.

At least our government makes a few evidences about their words about international evils.

Fallacy doesn’t work here!

God bless you again!

08:52 AM Apr 30 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Regarding; “Luckily, the days of the Islamic regime are numbered and it can’t last forever.”

If you swim by the rivers direction you will arrive into the sea, you may don’t know the rules over the universe, and you (if you are really a Zionist) are swimming in a reverse direction.

09:04 AM Apr 30 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

So can you introduce her to me I would like to hear the truths from her, she seems a saint!, have came from sky!, she knows everything! A good source nah! You know how many people are being killed by police brutality in USA?

I know at the time of the protest the police were ordered not to carry warm weapon, also Neda hasn’t been a protester, and she was just coming back from her music class.

God bless her (Neda).

We haven’t forgotten the rule of CIA and BBC in Mossadegh era; enemies do everything to dominate over our region and our natural resources.

A proposal; you can receive your information about Iran in http://www.presstv.com/.

Don’t trust media which are subsidized by Zionists and Imperialist governments please.

God bless you

05:21 AM May 01 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Regarding this;

"After 30 years of the revolution it's time to remove them, and free the Iranians people",You seem funny yuvalam!

Have you ever asked your Father or your grand what's your real nationality?, I hope once you are able to see your mother land!

I know some Jews have gone there from my city few years ago and they regret now.

02:49 PM May 01 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Nobody can call all people from a country as enemy, I know many Iranians live in America in peace and they just serve America as their land.

We don't hate Americans, even we don't hate Jews people in the land we believe its real name is Palestine and they call it Israel, we have many Jews people around us living in peace.

We can discuss about different issues, we can debate and we can even argue but it doesn’t mean that we hate each other.

How you can hate/dislike people they live in a land thousands kilometers far from you?!

How you can decide/ or believe they are bad people when you even don't know them?!

We all just try to convince people around us to be content of their own rights; don't hurt others just because of their interests.

If you see somebody attack others to kill them, to steal their own properties, to hurt them mentally (like the boy you have mentioned above!), to kick them out of their own land, to exile them and to kill them to obtain their organs to save his life, to impose them many difficulties and hard conditions in their life to force them to do and to think as he likes and as he say, you will try to guide him and you may dislike or even you may hate him.

Think of your "Dog", or even a rambler Dog, what's your sense if you see somebody is hurting a Dog?! You would hate his work; you will try to guide him into the right way, if he continues you may hate him.

If you see something/somebody attack an inoffensive thing/people you would like to save that inoffensive thing/person.

I know a little about the history of America, I know about the wars between the North and the south, also I know about aborigines of America and their challenges but I never believe that Americans all are bad people.

I believe the nation of America is a nation of a great TREK.

11:44 AM May 03 2010 |