Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Human Rights Watch Says Hamas Rocket Attacks Are War Crime

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Human Rights Watch Says Hamas Rocket Attacks Are War Crime By VOA News
06 August 2009

[insert caption here] A prominent human rights group says Hamas militants committed war crimes when they launched rocket attacks against Israel.

A Human Rights Watch spokesman said Hamas rocket attacks that targeted Israeli citizens were "unlawful and unjustifiable".  

A new report released by the group says Hamas militants fired rockets that placed about 800,000 Israeli civilians at risk and killed two Israeli girls.    

It also says militants that launched rockets from densely populated areas placed Gaza civilians at risk of Israeli counter strikes.

The report focuses on Hamas tactics used just before and during Israel's three-week offensive in Gaza, from last November to mid-January.

What Israelis have had to deal with the past number of years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mortar_attacks_in_Israel_in_2001_through_2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mortar_attacks_in_Israel_in_2008

08:45 PM Aug 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

So you don't like it when I call Israel fanatical or a regime! Too derogatory for you?

Here you're making an unbelievable comparison of the use of the word 'fanatic' to describe a registered terrorist group, Hamas, and Israel, a member of the UN.

It again is not the word 'fanatic', but the mechanic demonization inherent in the term: 'Zionist regime'.

Terms like that belong in an Iranian newspaper.

And I thought you trusted HRW as a source, but of course only if it backs up your zionist biased narrow minded view, eh?

I don't trust any 'source' completely. It only surprised me that a group like the HRW would go out of its way to actually condemn the Hamas attacks as war crimes, which was obvious to most clear thinking people in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that this condemnation received more complaints from its supporters than anything it could possibly claim about Israel. 

I'm not trying to 'chum up' with anyone, and I being of NO RELIGION MYSELF (is that chumming up to Arabs of muslim or christian or any other faith?) I have the freedom of mind to decide for myself who the aggressors are in the world today, and it seems 90% of them are from Jewish or Christian Government leaders! 

It has nothing to do with religion, but the unspoken 'alliance' between the left wing and Israel's enemies. Left wingers think that its suitable to stand against Israel for no other reason than that Israel is a US (the evil imperialist power) ally, and that the Palestinians are the weaker of both sides.

Just because one side is weaker doesn't make the other side the aggressor. Just because one side is weaker doesn't make them right either.

02:29 PM Aug 16 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

unspoken 'alliance' between the left wing and Israel's enemies.

And another LOL! Is it like the unspoken alliance between the right wing and Israel?

08:29 PM Aug 17 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

It's not unspoken. Right wingers are generally very much in support of Israel, just as they seem to be right about most other things. The right wing seems to legitimately care about democracy, human rights and peace.

The extreme left-wing will pander around with the world's most violent and oppressive regimes and terrorist groups, just to underline how wrong the West is about everything.

08:33 PM Aug 17 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

fabs….Laughing owh i forgot… you r fabs the gags..ahhahaha.. heheheheheheh.Smile.... i remember when u had a post saying that jews are criminals and they dont deserve to live on this planet…

do remember this… UNDER your EX-NICK NAME MARKCHINA….and i kept calling you makchicken..Sealeddo you remember??? .......then you changed it to a new one… to fabs1..heheheLaughing...and i will call you fabs the gags…heheheh sorry… i dont know why do you bother your self with my country… leave us alone…we dont like others to talk about us…

heheheCool we can defend ourselves buddy…. hehehehehe… no need for fabs gags..Laughing.. i love israel…and goo to hell all of u Cool

04:49 AM Aug 18 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

is human rights watch based in  tel aviv?

07:05 AM Aug 18 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

It's not unspoken ... hahaha don't we know it!

right about most other things. hahaha ... 'right' according to the twisted logic of a selfish minority in this world who put their own wealth preservation ahead of the survival and well-being of the majority in this world! Are the right wing right to invade Iraq on a lie, are they right to bully poorer countries into selling off their resources and public services at a snip, are they right to sell weapons of mass destruction to the worst human rights abusers, were they right to sponsor terrorism in Latin America to force out legitimately democratically elected Left wing governments, are they right to slash public services and benefits for the weakest in their own countries while allowing tax havens for the rich?

The right wing seems to legitimately care about democracy, human rights and peace.

I enjoy a good laugh! Right wing governments in the US and Europe do not care about these things  – Hamas are a democratically elected Government, and you and me might not like that, but it is true and it is hard for you to take. What about the Human rights of the refugees the right wing try to prevent from entering Europe, the human rights of Afghanis and Iraqis who didn't want to live in a war zone, the human rights of Palestinians who are injured and killed by the weapons the right wing give to Israel? Peace – how many countries have right wing Western governments invaded in the last 50 years, and how many have left wing or Muslim countries invaded? And where they have (eg Iraq-Iran war) where did Saddam Hussein's weapons come from? Who were his friends in the West?

There's your starter for 10! cheers!

10:34 AM Aug 18 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

hahahahha… Fabs the GAGS started some kind of advertisments for a new video game,....

FIGHTERS<,,,, GAAAAGGGGS

GGGGAAAAAGGGSS

hrehehehehehehehehehhe

heheheheheheahhahaah

FABS the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGSSSS

Sealed

03:07 PM Aug 18 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

Djouzi…  you know this too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sealed i thought i am the only one who know this fact about Fabs the GAAAAAAGS!!!!!!!

yooooh fabs gaaags ....... everybody know that ur big mouth doesnt stop talking…heheheheheheheKiss

hahahahah… ggaaaaaaaags… u know what, i will give you another advice…..no no no…. just leave it for the future …. i am waiting you to grow up…heheheheheh

03:34 AM Aug 20 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

Djouzi…  you know this too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sealed i thought i am the only one who know this fact about Fabs the GAAAAAAGS!!!!!!!

yooooh fabs gaaags ....... everybody know that ur big mouth doesnt stop talking…heheheheheheheKiss

hahahahah… ggaaaaaaaags… u know what, i will give you another advice…..no no no…. just leave it for the future …. i am waiting you to grow up…heheheheheh

03:34 AM Aug 20 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

hahahahahahaha..heheheheheeheh

12:59 PM Aug 21 2009 |