Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

is that true of what i heard that Australian men cant marrry for more than one wife

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

is it true !!

06:20 PM Sep 02 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"to own many lovers is better than to own some wives."

When a woman become second lover or 3rd mistress, she know herself is cheap for that man, and wish in her soul to be his wife not his amusing toy.
Islam came to preserve her rights against man whims…..

06:28 AM Sep 04 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

osesame

you dont read rest of my post is clear.

poligamy in İslam has some conditiions.

eg;if man are rich n woman rich,man dont get permit from first wife (..vs), there is no war n famine,(but here in war n famine, islam allow poligamy to respect women whose their husbands was killed in war) , they can not get married.

poligamy come out in a obligation sitution.

most muslıms get married by not go with this conditions.

to own many lovers is to cheat yourself,mistress,wife.

in other way to own some wives is to try to cheat yourself,wives,all society  "in under name of religion."(here he use religion to reach him targets.thıs is worst.)they can cheat everybody.but they cannot never cheat Allah.

09:17 AM Sep 04 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

:S hahaha, no comments!!

03:07 AM Sep 05 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Nil fm,
I agree with some of ur words and don't with others, and appreciate the jealousy of woman, and coz this topic is rare in applying in life, espcaily in ur country and mine, it is rare to find in ur district or twon a man marry two, it is great responsiblity espcially in this age, families now don't want to exceed 2 kids all over the world, even in muslim countries!!
so this subject need no more words but if u wanna discuss it in a large scale u can talk with me in ebabymail, thanks for care and reply
Smile 

07:14 AM Sep 05 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

osesame

Appreciate the jealousy of women.This is not related of jealousy.this is related to woman’s self respect.Which man like him wife to share with other men?i know,this is disgusting situation in appearance.but wrote this to make empathy.Some people exemplify hz.Muhammed(s.a.v) about poligamy.Him marriages is to spread İslam, political and culturel reasons.him situation n ours are different.Time changes n women does.Women take economic freedom anymore.so women don’t need to be 2.wive.cos,there is no need this.But again i repeat,there are this verse to protect women in specific sititutions.

This topic is rare in applying in life,especialy in your country n mine.you can suppose there is no this marriages in turkey n other muslım countries.maybe you cannot see poligamy in west of turkey.but you will see it in east of turkey so much.Today this is so much discussed in turkey.But this is not over İslam.this is over social prob.cos,people who apply this are big, rich master of villages. They dont ask to women “do u like to married this man ?”Anybody don’t warn them.cos, maybe they think,  to oppose men is to oppose this verse or culture, tradition.Politicians (even some turkısh politicians you like) do not want to solve this problem.they are trouble of collecting votes.in some religions,as master of village vote any person, village vote him. These women suppose that if she oppose men , she will sin. if she is right, to oppose men is not a sin.this is based on a patriarchal society.According to person who open this topic  is  still surprised , this means this sitution is still common in other countries. Ps:i do not want to bring secularısm debate n say as info. you can suppose this marriage  is not applying because of secularısm.secularısm was brought to block people who use religion in this way.But secularısm is not applying so much in turkey.Now in among muslım countries there are less war n famine than before.there are war n famine in only few countries (like palestine).this verse can be applying in this countries.Although there are no this specific sititutıon now, if women still accept this marriage in some countries, i don’t understand them n don’t wanna understand.Don’t misunderstand me but i don’t think they move because of  this verse.

11:50 AM Sep 05 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

NIL FM,

"Women take economic freedom anymore."
The matter dosen't concern the econimic any more, as u say, coz woman need man, either she is rich or not, right?
and the most important thing that i want to mention is, IT IS UP TO HER, NO ONE FORCE HER TO BE SECOND WIFE!!!!.....
woman in west agree to be second lover and third, and inside herself she don't like that humble situation , she want to be even second wife instead of lover, second periority to her man!!
and at the end , no one has the right to force any woman to be second wife….

12:09 PM Sep 05 2009 |

deadly

deadly

Cote D'Ivoire

this is good because many wifes train to problem

02:28 PM Sep 05 2009 |

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

in islam women cant have mroe than one husband but men can have four
it depends for men here if woemen forexapme dont give much love or is careless or cant have babies or or so men can marry ..
it is very great that men just can have one hhhh i dont wanan my husband forexapme marry another i will kill him ^^ actually iam single iam just giving an example

07:27 PM Sep 05 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

woman need man.

woman need man,man need woman,too.But only 1.

if they need much more, then they have sick mind,should go doctor.

besides,to be lovers is to have sick mind.

07:41 PM Sep 05 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"besides,to be lovers is to have sick mind."

Then all west r sick mind???!!!!!!!

08:50 AM Sep 06 2009 |