Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

FIFA 2010!!!

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

Foooooooootball mania time guys! Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup is just around the corner, I was wondering who was everyone rooting for. My team of choice is Germany, and just today I got myself a German football jersey and tube scarf. I'm sure they're gonna kick major ass this year! GO DEUTSCHLAND!!!!

How about you guys, who are you cheering for?

01:35 AM May 29 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

Amazing game, and great playing! Tshabalala's first goal of the World Cup was AWESOME!

Anyone saw the first FIFA match?! Wasn't it great?!

04:30 PM Jun 11 2010 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I was in class u.u I saw the last minutes of Uruguay x France.. the missed goal xD So, no winners for now!

10:45 PM Jun 11 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

That's too bad Monique =( Hopefully you can catch it online.

The first game was amazing but the Uruguay vs. France was kind of a disappointment. Not much fair play and everyone was shoving and pushing each other like a bunch of kids. Ribery and Fernando Muslera were the only 2 players that stood out from both teams. I've got to say that Muslera was great and hot at the same time xD

10:56 PM Jun 11 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

Anyone notice that every single match was a close call?! This proves to show that everyone WANTS the World Cup this year. Great job teams of the world =)

01:30 PM Jun 13 2010 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

Hey xD Till now I just watched one whole game (USA x England).. I laughed so much when USA made that goal.. and with his left leg (i guess he is right, not left) :P Can't wait for 15th june :D Brazil x North Korea :P

05:54 PM Jun 13 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

OMG xD The USA goal was soooo funny, that is if you can call it a goal, it was merely a fluke by the US attacker and a HUGE mistake by the English goalkeeper, Green. Though I absolutely loved the Germany vs. Australia match. That was the first game with 4 major goals! I think they would have gotten more goals if Ozil hadn't missed most of the shots! Still it was a great watch =D

Oh, and don't forget Holland! They were absolutely great, especially Kuyt and Van Persie! Sehr kühl x)

08:49 AM Jun 15 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

So much for EA Sports's prediction that Spain would win this year's FIFA =/

04:03 PM Jun 16 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Spain Lost!! Big guns like Italy, Portugal, Brazil haven't fired…..

Yesterday's N Korea Vs Brazil was really good… Brazil's Individual magic Vs Team work of N Korea!! 

04:13 PM Jun 16 2010 |

yoLi rial

yoLi rial

Spain

Don't mention it… what a deception ! Switzerland was really good, like a clock, but…

A lot of possession, but they didn't score any goal ! u.ú

04:17 PM Jun 16 2010 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

Hey u.u Brazil was good IN THE SECOND PART ONLY! I got so bored in the first part ¬¬ I almost gave up watching that.. u.u But at least we won that.. for a first game it's ok u.u

04:29 PM Jun 16 2010 |