Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Where is everyone from?

xiaomaomusic

United States

Hi guys!
I just started coming here to English Baby, and I am really enjoying it!
It is so interesting to me to see how non-native speakers acquire English, and what they know or don’t know. It helps me as a teacher with my own students.
So, just curious, what countries are you all from?
Name: Holly
Take care all!

07:42 PM May 11 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

forrestluo

Germany

name:Forrest
come from China mainland.
I have this name just because I like the American film Forrest Gump very much.hehe.There is one sentence I went to share with you guys in here,which Forrest’s mother allways say to encourage her son in this movie “life is like a box of chokolats,you never know what you gone get”

02:17 AM May 18 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Hi, lilyshi! It’s so nice that you disided to contact me. I’d love to share my mothering experience with you. I know that they don’t let posting e-mails here but I also know a little trick. Read this vertically:

03:36 AM May 18 2006 |

bluesara

bluesara

China

hi everyone, I am really lad to be here, knowing all of you. I am from china.

05:25 AM May 18 2006 |

bluesara

bluesara

China

Make a correction! It is not “lad” or “bad”, it should be “glad”. The first time I am to be here,while I made a first mistake here. Life is full of a lot of “first” !

05:43 AM May 18 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Hi, Bluesara! Don’t let your “firsts” become your “lasts” :)

05:50 AM May 18 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Hi katrix, I failed to send email to you, so please try to email to me as below :
shixl
@
bomco
cn
look forward to your reply.

07:01 AM May 18 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Lilyshi! I don’t understand what’s wrong but I couldn’t email to you either:((( Nevertheless, this is the message I wanted to mail :
Hi, again!
How wonderful that there is THE INTERNET for two loving mothers from different parts of the world to comunicate!
My name is Kate and I am from Russia. I have got a son, his name is Matvey ( or Mathew in English). Yesterday he was 11 months! A week ago he started to walk and now we are having hard times ))
And you have a daughter, right? Tell me about her. I suppose that there are a lot of differences in the ways russian and chinese people bring up their children.
Please write back,
Kate

08:10 AM May 18 2006 |

bluesara

bluesara

China

katrix, it will last for ever!! :)
keep the fresh feeing

08:31 AM May 18 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Hey, Bluesara, why don’t we still know anything about you? Where is your profile?

10:13 AM May 18 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Lilyshi, I’ve created a new topic for us to chat in. Look for a topic about mothers:))

10:46 AM May 18 2006 |