Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

How to Speak English Fluently - 7 secrets

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

A lot of my students ask me how to speak English fluently.  It's kind of a "buzz word" in non native speaking countries.  I've probably been asked it over 1000 times in my life.  I used to just say stuff like "practice more, don't be shy, learn new words and use them" but then I realized I was just being lazy and not really helping anyone with my advice.  I noticed some students could speak well while others almost made no improvement.  I finally decided to think carefully about what made the difference.

1.  Fluent English speakers study every day.  They are super consistent.  The students who study hard right before the test and then do nothing for the rest of the time never seem to speak well.

2.  Another thing I noticed is that students who learned how to speak fluently challenged themselves and didn't just follow the boring textbook.  They didn't make excuses about how boring the class was, and instead found some system that worked for them.  

There are a bunch of more things these "successful" students did and I spent the afternoon writing about it.  I wrote 7 articles that if you follow, you'll be able to speak like a native speaker soon.  Trust me.  How to Speak English Fluently

02:12 PM Aug 14 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

good dreem

good dreem

Oman

nise topic

thank you so mutch

Laughing

04:26 PM Sep 04 2010 |

brahimberrabah

Algeria

yes i really agree because a good listener is in consequence a good spreaker

11:46 AM Sep 07 2010 |

brahimberrabah

Algeria

sorry but it is only good prctice that makes progress

11:50 AM Sep 07 2010 |

anak_moeda

Spain

amazing

05:02 PM Sep 08 2010 |

garba

Niger

i very much appreciate your advice, i found out something that was expect ,which is keeping practice everyday.

07:25 AM Sep 11 2010 |

newscctv

Germany

ank you so much it's useful topic

I trying hard to improve my Eglish but

some time I feel boring!![URL=http://www.wellbridal.com]bridal gowns[/URL],
[URL=http://www.wellbridal.com]wedding gowns[/URL],

but I should not thinking like that

again thank you : )

08:39 AM Sep 11 2010 |

newscctv

Germany