Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

HOW to Learn English by Yourself

alicexiao85

China

Hello ,everyone!
I am new here.I know this web from my friend.
My English is not very good . So I want to improve my English . I am going to study business English by myself in my spare time.But I find it’s very difficult.
Could you help me?
Thank you very much!

08:39 AM Jul 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nikoljanson2008

Germany

it is really my question so i should be grateful if one of MEMBER OF ebaby answer this quostion

11:01 AM Jul 29 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

dear,
stories have different levels, begin from down ascending to up with time u will be good in english..and there's a kind of stories dealing with business life i think it is usefull in ur field
also proverbs u can take it by heart it gives u fluency in talking also movies but it is preffered after making a base of english..
i hope this words will be benefit to u
salam

11:10 AM Jul 29 2008 |

DE_CARVALLO

United Arab Emirates

I think watching movies is the best exercise to improve your English. I used to watch one or two movies everyday when I was in the foundation level of the university.

06:43 PM Jul 29 2008 |

alicexiao85

China

Thank you for your advice.I will keep studying .

03:36 AM Jul 31 2008 |

nancy.huang

China

looks easy ,,but it's difficult to do

07:18 AM Jul 31 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I don’t know what’s the right methode. But I think you should not be afraid of being wrong as long as then you fix your mistakes. Afterall mistakes make perfect. Even a native speaker also can’t be a master in english. So keep trying and never give up.

11:15 AM Jul 31 2008 |

Banafsheh_banan

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

In my opinon the best way is watch movies and listening to tapes and write some story in english practice more and more.

02:08 PM Jul 31 2008 |

shaden18

shaden18

Philippines

During my school days & even now a days, my father is always telling us to read English books, newspaper, magazines everyday to be fluent in speaking English. It really helps me a lot.

We should be religious in reading as if we are taking vitamins for ourselves. i mean, to spend reading at least 4 hours a day would be helpful, but if we are not busy more than that hour would be better.

After reading anything, i often share what i've read to my sisters or friends because sharing ideas with others could develop our knowledge in communicating.

Writing what we have done during the day or our future plans could be helpful too because we create ideas or insights. 

If we have knowledge about anything it is easier for us to express in English. We gain that (knowledge)  through reading, watching television, & listening to knowledgeable people.

07:04 AM Aug 03 2008 |

zhcai9339

China

There are many methods to improve your english i think. for exampe, watch english movies, listen to english music and talk to your friends in english.

10:00 AM Aug 03 2008 |

zhcai9339

China

I watch the english channel CCTV9 in my spare time at home. i like to watch the interview shows very much. very envious of the host's fluent spoken english.

10:03 AM Aug 03 2008 |