Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Sudan women 'lashed for trousers'

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Several Sudanese women have been flogged as a punishment for dressing "indecently", according to a local journalist who was arrested with them.

Lubna Ahmed al-Hussein, who says she is facing 40 lashes, said she and 12 other women wearing trousers were arrested in a restaurant in the capital, Khartoum.

She told the BBC several of the women had pleaded guilty to the charges and had 10 lashes immediately.

Khartoum, unlike South Sudan, is governed by Sharia law.

<!- E SF ->

Several of those punished were from the mainly Christian and animist south, Ms Hussein said.

Non-Muslims are not supposed to be subject to Islamic law, even in Khartoum and other parts of the mainly Muslim north.

BBC-NEWS  Monday, 13 July 2009

Sudan'da kad&imath;n olmak zor

BBC-NEWS  Monday, 13 July 2009

<!- E BO ->

10:56 AM Jul 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Sorry not a creature of GOD but a human Laughing

09:21 AM Jul 16 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

You can use the edit option to correct your sentences sunay. Please roll your eyes to the upper part of your comment box. You can find that option there.

09:50 AM Jul 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Thanks a lot Mike gwenSmile

I ll do it next time.

I have just used "delete" and "reply" till now. You have enriched my knowledge.

10:05 AM Jul 16 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

@ hakimi :Thanks for the pict’s hakimi. But I dont quite grab the meaning of your last pict. What do you wanna say with that?
@ sunay : you’re welcome. :D

11:50 AM Jul 16 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Pls don't do that….that could cost Islam a bad name…There must be a smart way to advise them not to wear something like this and that…Using something like fine,first warning,second warning…Somehow, you peoples seem to me didn't respect to other female person, which is the SAME GRUOP WITH YOUR MOTHER...what a shame…and this is trully a very old and ancient law conducted…..

12:50 PM Jul 16 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Have you ever heard of anybody been lashed in the name of atheism?

I didn't hear about it but the newspapers say that every 1 of 10 deaths in Europe is of alcohol… I don't think it is clever to use that sentence. But anyway such questions are common here in Germany…

12:53 PM Jul 16 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

shardzoo

here is a children board you know. We are here to attack a religion and not to try to make them better in a good way. I really hope that people will learn discussing one day. It contains myself, too

12:57 PM Jul 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hakimi

Of course I know that this is a woman. The men would use such dressing for hiding themselves only or for camouflage.Laughing 

01:12 PM Jul 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi again Goaway,
I think the law is for human and not vise versa. Everything is changing why not also the law thats my point. Thank you for your comments.

01:21 PM Jul 16 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Memo…haha..thats why you're going in circle..its like a free drunk…somebody got to give a hand on something before it too late…

Sunay…that is a picture of women wearing burqa isn't it..??Well that is surely something not very right…i might be bring her home withiout notice she is actually somebodys wife…LaughingWhy some peoples made everything ( religion)seems soo hard and complicated…

01:52 PM Jul 16 2009 |