Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

where is the freedom here?

♥ ~.•'Peace~Girl~ஐ•.•.

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

When the Danish drew the prophet (PBUH) .. They said personal freedom

When the Christian nuns wore a headscarf (hijab) .. They said personal freedom

When they change one's religion: personal freedom

In all things …

Personal freedom

But ..
\

When the Muslim girl wore a headscarf

Prevented her from studying in the university and school!!!

Where is freedom of Muslim here???

Please answer me

05:34 PM Jun 12 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Fabs

Read my comments well.. I talked about the effections which could be resulted after some nation invaded another one!! Tell me what type of effection happened to the muslim contries which had colonized ,, They still muslims tell the moment, tell me (If read the history) how Arabs made difference in Eurpe after they were in Spain for more than 700 years. Tell me why the churches not destroyed by muslims and Omar bin AlQtab refuesed to pray in side the church of AlQuds and when he was asked for the reason, he justified that he's afraid after him the muslims will convert this church into a mousq.

Read about Saladeen and how he treated Christians in Al-Quds.

06:34 AM Jun 22 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Saladin ransomed back, he didn't release, the Christian prisoners in Jerusalem.

Furthermore those that couldn't afford to pay for their release were enslaved.

Those are the facts that are not talked about so much.

The Christians were definitely worse than Saladin, but he wasn't what people would have us thing.

Again, it's well known that Spanish Muslim rulers, except the brief period of the Almohads, were a great and benevolent regime.  For sure Jews were better under them, and were even saved from slavery during their initial invasion.

But again, I'm talking about modern history, not medieval times.

06:11 PM Jun 24 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

We all know from another post of moonman what a racist he is and he’s back to his tactics =) he’s the self proclaimed savior of the world’s most peaceful and benevolent religion =) are ya moaning ‘Ich bin warm’ homie :D
the arabs invented numbers, they invented algebra. Hey maybe they even invented Playboy. Who knows Hugh Hefner might be half Arab secretly. Thats how Arabs are great. And how are Germans great? Because they’re white! And how do Indians suck? Cause they lick the asses of white people and worship cows. =) ya know moonman, there’s a good mockumentary that I’d recommend to you ‘Borat’.

06:34 PM Jun 24 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

In Algeria there are many Roman ruins, but where is their culture or religion?

That was ages ago, But I am sure, that one of the many traditions in your culture could have a Roman Origin. And again, it depends on people as well, and the Invaders as well. If Invaders try to enforce something, there is no escape from it.   

We have only Islam here, because this is what really stayed in this land (the truth)

Again depends on people. In a Spiritually Inclined country like India, Same principles don’t apply

what is built in injustice don't stay, and what is build in justice will stay, and this is the case of Islam

Islam is not the only Philosophy that preaches Justice and peace.

Must of lands stayed slamic and have slamic culture, what Roman or Greek left ?? ruins !! that is all ?

Greek and Roman civilizations were epitome of Change, and Critical thinking. They believed in Constant change.

Let me compare Indonesia and Egypt, Both are Muslim Majority country. One was invaded and other was not. Indonesians still have their language, their old culture. They did not get enslaved by a foreign culture, and try to ape a foreign culture.

In coutries like India where it was half forces, half genuine change of Heart, Script and parts of culture changed but not the entire culture. Islam followed in India is quite different from Islam followed in Arabia. The way they sing in mosques, decorate mosque with flowers etc are all Hindu touch. Infact Sanathan Dharma openly welcomes new religions. Same Middle aged Hindu Philosophers added, Quran as one of the Upanishads (There are over 223 Upanishads).

Speaking of Upanishads, Dara Shikon, The first son of Shah Jahan( who built the Taj Mahal) was beheaded  by Aurangzeb(Shah Jahan’s 4 th Son), because he was following  Hinduism. Dara Shikon is also credited with translating around 50 Upanishads in Persian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dara_Shikoh#Intellectual_pursuits

this is what we're looking for, to come back to Islam and its rules, to apply them in the right way in our life and society, this is the most chanlleged thing for us nowadays, because this is the only way to build our nation and spread justice.

Name a single country /state/ Kingdom that correctly Applied Islam.

If we apply Islam in the rule way, I insure that we will go back as we were, and we spread justice and peace in our lands, and build our civilization again, that is not a hard thing just if we follow the path of Islam.

Same is claimed by every other religion, Islam is not new on that part.

That is because of ignorance on some Muslims, who don't know their religion, and follow anyone say that he's religious and know islamic rules, when people are weak and ignorants they're easy to be manipulated. and our challenge is to educate Muslims to their religion and show them how they must deal with troubles and work.

There hell lot of Ignorant Muslims.

If you knew Islamic rules for what justice give to people, you wouldn't say that.

If you knew Hinduism or for that many other religions, you would claim of lot of things that you think is there only in Islam

I'm telling you what we believe, because telling the truth is part of our duties, to inform other nations about Islam and life, because all will be judged bu Allah;

There is no point in being “Non materialistic” in a materialistic world and having materialistic pleasures in a non materialistic world (Heaven) .

I don't know from where Hinduism came, it might was a religion from Allah, which was changed and misled to another way, what we know that Allah sent several prophets, some we know and other we don't.

Sanatana Dharma(Eternal Laws) was revealed by God Himself/Herself/Itself.  Hindus belive in Dharma and Karma, which hasn’t Changed and will never change.

Veda’s available in Kayakumari(Southern Tip of India). And Kashmir(Northern end of India) are the same. Vedas were guarded very carefully by Brahmins (Priests), and also match a 1600 year old copy. “Jewish” and ”Christian” book corruptions don’t apply to Vedas

The world has changed, and we don't need to open other lands.

Yes World has changed and will change. Petroleum will end, and so will access of Saudi Govt in many Western countries.

In the past, muslims opened other lands in order to spread Islam, because other nations prevent Muslims to transmate Islam to other nations, and opening was the only way.

In Lay man’s language it is called INVASION

Nowadays, we don't need to open lands, there is technology, we can transmate islam by internet and Media, we have an open world, where all people can read and look for the true, opposite of the past, it was not possible;

Technology is a double edged sword; it can be used for “Conversion TO” and “Conversion FROM”. In Open minded Countries, you can put a huge hording of “Read Quran” etc etc… same is not true in closed , middle aged mentality societies.

Provide a level playing field and then Boast of Greatness.

http://www.vakil.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/DSC00007.jpg

These Hoardings can be seen in and around Bangalore. India has given it's citizens, right to religion and to preach it. any one can put such hoarding even in Hindu holy places like Haridwar, Varanasi, Kashi , Mathura etc… Can this be done in Mecca ? Madina ? or for that matter, Bhagdad or Tehran ?

There is no point of being Number one among idiots.

Allah don’t gain anything from our worshipping, but it’s thanking to him for his blessing the human, and also to follow his laws which insure the peace and justice in the eath, against the Satan who want to mislead humanity to not worship him and do bad deeps.

His laws guide humanity to the peace and happiness, and Allah expact from us thank him and worship him and apply his laws, those laws are done for our advantages to rule this life in the right way.

Allah doesn’t created us because he need to worship him, but to test us in the first life, to know who follow his path from not, to win to loose the next life, which is for ever where we don’t need to worship, because it’s a life of enjoy for who deserve it.

Ha ha Shakaracharya(a Hindu Philosopher) said “man created God in his image”. You might claim that Allah is formless, shapless etc etc… What you just described is nothing but “Human Image”(non Physical) .

This religion is for all humanity, and sure we want to spread it, although not all people will believe in it. Being one Union is not desire, but it’s a goal to make justice and life with Allah laws.

Do you know what happened to AT& T in the 1980s?AT&T was broken into many smaller companies, because it had a monopoly over Telecom in US.. There were absolutely no Competitors. Customers weren’t getting benefit due to the monopoly.

When all people do the same thing, and follow same thing, Growth of society as a whole will diminish. It will result in a Tasteless and a bland society, There is no Criticism, no new thoughts etc etc.

So, take advantage from your life, and learn, because this is only way, and after it, it’s over.You have many chances.

Sanatana Dhama believes that Soul never dies and will continue to propagate till it reaches Brahman (The Supreme)

I tell you, you have to read more and more, and try to understand what is this and that, and why and how, and for what.

I come from a Multi ethnic, multi religious society. Tolerence is there in my blood. But never the less I do have to read. Same goes for you as well. You don’t know anything apart from “3 Abrahamic” religions.

06:50 PM Jun 26 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Dara Shikoh First Son Of Shah Jahan(The person who built Taj Mahal) . He and his son was beheaded for Apostasy

Dara Shikoh’s ‘Two Oceans’: Book Review

Sufism, or Islamic mysticism, provides rich resources for developing theologies of inter-faith dialogue and solidarity, an urgent necessity in today’s world where talk of a global ‘clash of civilisations’ threatens to become a frightening reality. In this regard, the works of numerous Indian Sufis is particularly significant because they lived and wrote in a multi-religious context, addressing and attracting people of different faiths—Muslims, Hindus and others. Some of them developed understandings of Islam and other faiths that went beyond narrowly constructed communal boundaries, defying the empty and soulless ritualism that served to divide communities from each other.

Of the various Indian Sufi treatises of this sort, perhaps the best-known work is the ‘Majma al-Bahrain’, or ‘The Commingling of the Two Oceans’, by Muhammad Dara Shikoh, eldest son of the great Mughal Emperor of India, Shah Jahan, and heir apparent to his throne. The ‘two oceans’ referred to in the title of the book denote Islamic Sufism, on the one hand, and the Vedantic thought as contained in the Upanishadic tests of the Hindu tradition.  As the title suggests, Dara sought to argue that, essentially, the two were the same thing, although bearing different names. In this way, he sought to craft an innovative approach to inter-faith relations, and one that can provide interesting ideas for similar efforts in our own time.  The English translation of this work has long been out of print, and Hope India Publications, an upcoming publisher based in Gurgaon, deserve our special thanks for bringing it out, and that, too, at a fairly affordable price.

The Majma al-Bahrain is best understood in the context of Dara’s own life. Like any other Mughal prince, Dara’s early education was entrusted to ulema of high calibre, who taught him the Holy Qur’an, Persian poetry and Sufi treatises. In his youth, Dara came into contact with numerous Muslim and Hindu mystics, some of whom exercised a profound influence on him. The most noted among these was Miyan Mir, a Qadri Sufi of Lahore whose disciple he later became, and who is best remembered for having laid the foundation-stone of the Golden Temple of the Sikhs at Amritsar.

Dara’s close and friendly refations with Muslim and Hindu mystics led him to seek to explore what both systems of mysticism had in common. Accordingly, he set about learning Sanskrit and, with the help of the Pandits of Benaras, made a Persian translation of the Upanishads, which was later followed by his Persian renderings of the Gita and the Yoga Vasishta. Throughout this endeavour, his fundamental concern was the quest for the discovery of the Unity of God, or tauhid as it is known in Islam.

Dara expresses this concern in his Persian translation of the Upanishads, the Sirr-i-Akbar (‘The Great Secret’) thus:

And whereas I was impressed with a longing to behold the Gnostic doctrines of every sect and to hear their lofty expressions of monotheism and had cast my eyes upon many theological books and had been a follower thereof for many years, my passion for beholding the Unity [of God], which is a boundless ocean, increased every moment Thereafter, I began to ponder as to why the discussion of monotheism is so conspicuous in India and why the Indian mystics and theologians of ancient India do not disavow the Unity of God, nor do they find any fault with the Unitarians.

Dara’s works are numerous, all in the Persian language, only some of which are readily available today. His writings fall into two broad categories. The first consists of books on Islamic Sufism and Muslim saints, and the other on the religious beliefs of the Hindus. Dara’s writings on Sufism show him to have been a devout, practising Muslim, albeit opposed to the soulless ritualism of many of his contemporary ‘ulama.

Dara wrote extensively on the religious systems of the Hindus, following in the tradition of several Muslim mystics and scholars before him. In accordance with the teachings of the Holy Qur’an, Dara saw the possibility of some religious figures of the Hindus having actually been prophets of God, and of certain Hindu scriptures as having been originally been divine revelations. Thus, for instance, in the Sirr-i-Akbar he claimed that a strong strain of monotheism may be discerned in the Vedas and opines that the monotheistic philosophy of the Upanishads may be ‘in conformity with the Holy Qur’an and a commentary thereon’.

The Majma-ul Bahrain is the most well-known of Dara’s several works on the religious sciences of the Hindus. Completed when he was forty two years old, this book is a pioneering attempt to build on the similarities between Islam and certain strands of Hindu monotheistic thought, and it is these two that the ‘two oceans’ in the book’s name refers to. He describes this treatise as ‘a collection of the truth and wisdom of two Truth-knowing groups’. It is, in terms of content, rather technical, focussing on Hindu terminology and their equivalents in Islamic Sufism, showing the close similarities between the two. The basic message that this book conveys is summed up in Dara’s own words thus: ‘Mysticism is equality’.

And that claim remains as meaningful today as when Dara enunciated it.

http://indianmuslims.in/dara-shikohs-two-oceans-book-review/

06:14 AM Jun 27 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

They were stupids just you Indians now (sorry Arab brothers) but Arabs after revealing Islam, they became the best nation and then they have started establishing a great civilization which effected others and then they saved alot of Indians from the pullshits which you and others idiots indians are doing now of worshipping cows after they ruled India for about 700 years, they didn't enslave your grandfathers as the British did and the results of now that you just evaluate yourself as a slave or sevant for the british people.

You don't know anything about Indian History.  Islamic rule in India was like "US occupation of Afghanistan" .there was absolutely no Control outside main cities and Towns. Islamic Occupation of India was as bad as British Occupation. But finally who WON ? NOT this islamic Occupation or British Occupation. WE INDIANS won

Looks like you love Cows more than Indians… You keep harping on the same thing.. 

what the shit you talking about?? Who made this lie to you?Do you think that you have a civilization ?? Go back to history and read it well to know well who you are and what's your history is??

Our History is of Peace, Tolerance . Indians have not Invaded any other country.

All what you gave to the world is the idelogy of cows. And read well about whom invented zero, they were the Arabs. You are only a slave as your history tells and you will remain because it's your shit culture.

again a Cow… ha ha ha… Do you even know how the decimal system came around ? Zero is just derived by Arabic word thats all…

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99535.htm

You know nothing of our history, culture… But I can say one thing.. You are a Fucking Racist, and a fanatic… and Probably a Terrorist as well..  A study has show that New converts were more likely to do/help in terror  activities, because they want to prove to their new faith.  Don't be surprised if UK/German Govt track your moves on the net… What ever you say here will one day go against you in the court of Law(if you are caught alive.. )

06:34 AM Jun 27 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Java – while Sufi brotherhoods often find themselves among the most pacifistic, liberal strains of Islam (like in Senegal), it is not an inherently liberal approach to the faith.  Many Deobandi's, one of the largest retrograde schools of Islam, has a Sufi tradition in itself.  The founder of the Taliban, Mullah Omar, is reportedly a Sufi.  Religious Diversity:)

One topic I notice that comes up in these  threads is the notion that all religious "books" are the same to their respective religious groups.  That the Quran holds the same position in Islam that the Bible holds in Christianity, or that the Vedas hold in Hinduism (Big tradition), etc.  This is absolutely not true. 

As to the Vedas, well, the way that they train young boys to recite the Vedas is absolutely amazing.  Oral tradition is surprisingly accurate, and for these Brahmins, essentially so, after all, the recitation preserves the universe.  

08:29 AM Jun 27 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

I could not read all of these comments in here but I would say one thing only that can settle this for muslims and non-muslims in here !

freedom is doing something correct without harming others ! once you are doing something wrong or harming other, it is not freedom anymore, otherwise being criminal and break laws is freedom ! it should be.

so as long as the freedom is the correct actions, don't claim freedom for your countries non-muslims because all what you do is incorrect, so it is better to discuss and argue with muslims about Hijab or whatever rather than attacking each other with accuses ! and once you start arguing about moralities and correct actions with muslims, beleive me, you lose ! so you lose in both cases ! I don't know how you still confronting these facts. I mean if i were one of you I would say "yes i know we are wrong, we drink , our ladies are bad , we don't respect God or prophets or even parents. we accept that you muslims struggle better and more than us" that what you are supposed to say if you want to be fair and there is no need for me to proove who is right and who is wrong, it is very very clear !

For example ! what is correct and more morally for a lady to dress nothing like bikini and these things or to be such a respected nun !? (got my point) ! you find out that is wrong for her to dress in such a way ! so if she does so , the law has the right to prevent you from doing something wrong just like stealing from a bank!

another example ! what is correct ! to marry or to have a girlfriend !? it is clear again ! so we have the right to prevent the wrong again !

I don't know how to explain further but believe me if pigs could read this they would understand ! but I always beleive there are many people who are more astray and lost than pigs :D

11:49 PM Jun 29 2010 |