Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

> living abroad <

Hanin

Hanin

Saudi Arabia

Hello every body

I wanna discusse a subject about the advantages and disadvantages of living abroad,,

any one have an experince or some information please try to help me in this topic

best wishes and regards to all of you

Smile

04:19 AM Apr 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

louisa_happy

China

advantages:

you can expand your horizen;open another door,live a different life quit different from your own country and the past;learn different culture,know more about the world…that's really insteresting,and it will make your life colourful.

disadvantages:

the Culture Shock may make you feel down, it may be hard to go deep into the new environment…and then you will miss your mother country,you family and your friends…then you will notice that how important they are and you love them so much….lol

i have no the experience of living abroad,but i really want t o have a try. as i said before,i think it's insteresting,also it's a challenge to me.

but the first thing to achieve my goal,is to learn english well enough,so i come here…:0

nice to meet you!

08:21 AM Apr 12 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

it depends on where you live. I had a great time living in Russia, and staying in England and France. Korea was a bit stressful because they don't really like foreigners there that much, but even in Korea I had a good time for the first year or so.

04:45 AM Apr 15 2008 |

China

i am always interested in that kind of thing , coz i can learn a lot form different culture which i cannot learn it well in my own country , but the goal is kind of hard to achieve , so i wish i could, in the rest of my life , make enough money then take a look around the world

05:39 AM Apr 15 2008 |

a.k

a.k

Canada

ha…ur first 3 years in a foreign land is living hell, in most cases unless u're rich. after that it gets ok

04:06 PM Apr 15 2008 |

fanni szabo

Hungary

I lived in the UK for more than a half year, so I can tell you my experiences:

First, It's very hard, but it's exciting as well. You can always learn useful things when you meet a culture different from yours. The trip from my country to London by air only takes about 2 hour, but when I came back to Hungary, I realized that it seems to me that we have at least 50 years apart. But yes, it was exciting to realize that in Wester Europen countries people are smiling at you on the street, always have some good news to talk about and they are all polite with you in the shops. These are little things, and you may say that it doesn't matter, but it does matter if it helps people to live a healthy and happy life. For me it was exciting to meet that kind of western culture, altouhg I think Hungarian schools and universities are much better, and people are better skilled in Hungary. For example most of the British people I met didn"t know what country comes after Austria when you are travelling to east… That means, they had no idea if Hungary is in Europe or not.

01:27 PM Apr 30 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Louisa: you can expand your horizon;open another door,live a different life quite different from your own country and the past;learn a different culture,know more about the world…that's really interesting,and it will make your life colourful. [British spelling? Terrible! :) ]

[eh, nobody makes enough mistakes to make it worth correcting!]

65478…i am always interested in that kind of thing , coz i can learn a lot froa different culture which i cannot learn as well in my own country , but this goal is kind of hard to achieve , so i wish i could, during the rest of my life , make enough money to then take a look around the world.

[You could also say: ]

I wish I could save up enough money over the course of my life so that I could then travel around the world.

03:04 PM Apr 30 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

thank you  AL for your correcting.:)

09:02 AM May 03 2008 |

Soni4

Soni4

Russian Federation

I think it's a great adventure to live abroad.It's so exciting to live with people, whose culture differs from yours)This summer I'm going to the USA for 4 months and i'm sure I'll get a lot of experience in communicating with foreigns)))and if I have any difficulties(such as complete misunderstandings) , there will always be a possibility that I can go back to my native country)))

02:10 PM May 03 2008 |

tuomas 90

Finland

hy I was in Germany some months and  i think its very good. a new country new people and you can to learn the local language very easy. i'd like to work in the next in finland 'cause i think every couty are a new chanseSmile

09:54 AM May 04 2008 |

tuomas 90

Finland

here is my MSN address if you would like about this talking 

09:55 AM May 04 2008 |