Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

which do u prefer?RP or AmE?

colin

colin

China

i get a couple of buddies from UK and US,it seems to me the way they talk are kinda different,i c it,cuz i m studying the AmE'n British E,i prefer AmE ,cuz it sounds better,but RP is more formal,which duja prefer

03:27 AM Jan 10 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

RachelsEnglish

United States

I’m American and I can say it makes no difference to me!!
It matter so much more what the person says than what accent they use when they say it.
But it is a good question, I know some people that have some strong opinions on it!
To learn an American Accent, visit my site! www.RachelsEnglish.com

03:58 AM Jan 10 2009 |

lukeyy

lukeyy

China

I have no strong feeling about these two kind of language. But I think they have little difference.

05:28 AM Jan 10 2009 |

latin-lover

Italy

RachelsEnglish:- 

I’m American and I can say it makes no difference to me!!

Sorry Rachel but I'm afraid I don't agree with you.

For us is a great difference among UK, American, Australian etc. English.

Personally I find the UK English clearer than other even if I like more American English..

08:40 AM Jan 10 2009 |

colin

colin

China

my UK friend seemed to act a bit radical about USA,in his words,UShas no original culture and original language ,slang is the thing they invnented to talk with. i am in a impartial side,i figure,US worths full respect for its pioneering spirit and more

09:03 AM Jan 10 2009 |