Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Lucky number

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

Hellow Everybody welcome to join in this discuss!please give out your opinion

In our country some numbers are considered lucky but others is unlucky.I don't think it has deep meaning,but only a symbol representing a nice hope or wish.what is the lucky numbers in your country and what do you think about it?

02:41 AM Apr 18 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

Six eight and nine are luck number in our country. Six denote that everything is all right; Eight represents that everything is prosperous; and nine represents that everything is forever. what about yours

02:52 AM Apr 18 2007 |

AILEN

China

I agree on you

07:30 AM Apr 19 2007 |

jazzfinger

China

i love 4, but i find 3 can always bring me good luck :)

08:13 AM Apr 19 2007 |

candy.ren

candy.ren

China

In my country 4 means death and end ,sometimes it means shipwreck.

08:38 AM Apr 19 2007 |

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

I don't like four too,I think my lucky number is seven . because when i am a hight school student, my student number is seven. and when i entered university ,my student number is still seven. It is maybe Unbelievable that when I am a graduate student  my student number is seven all the same. what do you think about it ? do you think It is only coincidence? hoping for your opinion.

09:03 AM Apr 19 2007 |

binxil

binxil

China

hehe,maybe you got married with it…

09:44 AM Apr 19 2007 |

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

you are facetious!

01:50 AM Apr 20 2007 |

isabellaego

Botswana

it is easy to know why!!!

here in my country if u see a black cat in front of u, people believe that they r gonna have bad luck….

so all day long they see just the bad things that happens to them….maybe they get late to work, they lose a paper, failed and exam.

if they put them foot in dog shit…they think they r gonna have good luck (don't laugh it is truth) so they just see the good things in all day.

it is not the number, or the dog shit…is what u wanna believe that makes it become truth

04:47 AM Apr 22 2007 |

yjmcup1

yjmcup1

China

maybe isabellaego is right. It is people's wills that decide all things.but I also think there maybe has some coincidence about these things.more sth that can't be explained by science. It only stands for my own viewpoint.what do you think about it?

02:27 AM Apr 23 2007 |

amelia17

amelia17

Poland

my lucky number is seven…
Look how to count it:
my date of birth:
0+3+0+2+1+9+1+9=25
2+5=7
try to find your lucky number in this way :)

05:03 PM Apr 23 2007 |