Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

do you have a friend called Jack ??

The kind

Saudi Arabia

Mike and Jack , one day, met on a plane. They have not seen each other for along time. When Mike saw Jack was there, just a few steps away from him, he was so excited that seeing his old friend here since many years. So he waved his hands to him, but Jack didn' t notice him, Jack was busying with his luggage. So, Mike tried again, he raised his voice a little bit up, and called his friend, " Jack~~, Jack~~". But his voice sounded so weak that his friend couldn' t hear him.
Then Mike decided to wait for a moment then to call again.
A few minutes later, when most people had their luggages done and took their seats, the plane turned quiter than before. Mike stood up and walked forward toward Jack, while he was shouting , " Hi, Jack
~~ , Hi, Jack~~ ". Suddenly, many polices came and targeted him with guns, then caught him immediately.

Do you know what happened ? Why the polices caught Mike ? Tell you first, finally Mike was fine and it was just a mistake.

Have you figured it out ?
Here it is
~
Because the words Mike said " Hi, Jack~~". When those words went to Polices, it sounded like HIJACK, means he wanted to control this plane. So the polices thought he was a terrorist, then caught him.
You get it ? Do you have a friend called Jack, take care when you see him on a plane.

02:36 PM May 18 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

The kind

Saudi Arabia

no one make a comment ??

it's very strange Frown

03:39 PM May 19 2009 |

lolyoshi

lolyoshi

Viet Nam

I haven't had a friend who names Jack. However, I'll pay attention when I have one. I don't want to be caught by the police Tongue out

06:26 PM May 19 2009 |

The kind

Saudi Arabia

that's good for you lolyoshi

but my advice to you is , take care for that :)

thank you for you are pass here , and for your comment

12:02 AM May 20 2009 |

JINGSER

Thailand

MY OLD FRIEND HER NAME IS BOM

05:42 AM May 20 2009 |