Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

English learning podcasts

anniekim

South Korea

Hello everyone,

My name is Annie.  I am a Korean girl studying in Australia.  I just wanted to meet some new friends here and share how we learn together.   My level of English is quite good for written but I have always had difficulty with slang and the way natives actually speak to each other.

I was learning English more from reading and textbooks.  I found that this is good for school but not as good for talking to real people.  I now watch movies and listen to English learning podcasts.  

I think this helps for my listening and helps me learn some jokes and it is a lot more fun than books.  It feels natural.  I watch movies any chance I get.  I also listen to the podcasts on my mp3 player on the way to school and in between classes.  I find this is a great way to learn because I would normally just be wasting time but now I can learn.  My favorite podcast is at www.china232.com.

I think some other ones are ok too which you can search for on google.  Just type in ESL podcast or English podcast and you can find them.  I like the ones from China232 because I think they are funny and more natural sounding than some of the others but it is good to try other ones too.

Ok,  I think that is enough for my first post:) 

Let me know what you guys do to study and let me know if any other people want to make friends.

Annie

12:27 PM Dec 22 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ilona.vienna

China

everyday after work, I watch the CCTV-9 of our country. But it is a little difficult for they don't have any explanatory title on the screen.  I just try my best to understand what they're talking about. :)

07:35 AM Dec 24 2009 |