Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

half Europe under the snow!

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Italy is not suffering the bad weather thas is envolving half Europe but almost all north countries are having lot of problem due to the big ammount of snow that comes with violent wind.

Who can add anything?

By the way, this is a pic that a friend of mine from UK has just sent me.

It was taken by NASA on 7th Jan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8447023.stm 

06:49 PM Jan 11 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pbtuyen

Viet Nam

fortunately i live near equator where is quite warm zone in winter. the lowest termperature is only approximately 12C in plain and 1-2C in moutain,but sometime i feel freezing when cold wind together with drizziling rain

bad weather in europe and somewhere can be a  phenomena demonstrated climate changes…

10:39 AM Jan 12 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

In my place we had snow only twice in this season… Frown I miss it much, now it's raining and raining… But weathermen promise us frost and snow in February. 

I wish  this weather forecast would come true.

11:14 AM Jan 12 2010 |

Grusha

Grusha

Russian Federation

Eleniya, where are u from? )) In the Moscow is very cold and a lot of snow))

11:34 AM Jan 12 2010 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

That was a beautiful image from NASA – the British Isle like a snowflake crystal.  Sorry to hear that you're missing the freezing temperatures in Italy! ))) But seriously, I know a guy in Canada who loves winter! He says it's the time he really enjoys himself as he can ski in the countryside.

11:54 AM Jan 12 2010 |

Consumer

Russian Federation

On the whole, in the world the weather is very unpredictable! What have we seen now? In Great Britain there is a lot of snow… The weather isn't typical for many countries. I think, that it's a result of human activities. Today each person must save the nature and in further people can restore the nature, such what she was in distant past!!!

01:48 PM Jan 12 2010 |

Vit_dreamer

Russian Federation

Ural is full of snow)))

08:03 PM Jan 12 2010 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

pbtuyen.....bad weather in europe and somewhere can be a  phenomena demonstrated climate changes…

I really agree with yo

tiffintime

Sorry to hear that you're missing the freezing temperatures in Italy! )))

Are you joking? I don't miss at all freezing in Italy!! I'm a runner, I'm training for the "Placentia Marathon for Unicef". If it snows I'll be constrict to train on tapis roulan and I hate it!

04:43 AM Jan 13 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Grusha, I'm from the South of our country. Have you ever heard about Krasnodarskiy kray? Novorossiysk? Hmmm… it's really not winter weather here now… 

05:46 AM Jan 13 2010 |

Grusha

Grusha

Russian Federation

Eleniya, of course I now these regions)) I learned geografy at a  school however))) but I didn't think, that there are so bad with geniun winter.

09:13 AM Jan 13 2010 |