Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

hospitalization? or inpatient?

maggietsai

Canada

Q1: Could somebody please tell me the difference b/w “hospitalization/hospitalized” and “inpatient”?
And how to describe when a person who goes into hospital to receive medical care, and stays there one or more nights while they are being treated?

And is this following sentence correct? “He is under inpatient care during August 2nd to August 5th.”

If this sentence is not correct, could you please rephrase it so that it’s correct?

Q2: What do u call the room where doctors exam u when u are sick? and do u say “The doctor who will be attend you is John Millar”?

Q3: When you know that someone is an artist, don’t u don’t really know what they do (a painter? a singer? an actor?...?), how do u put the question? “What is the field that u dedicate to?” ?

I’m sorry that the questions looks complicated, but.. well, however, many thanks in advance for those of you who try to help. thank you!!

02:38 PM Jan 05 2004 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

marylyndevlin

United States

Hospitalization is the insurance to pay for a hospital stay. Hospitalized means someone is in the hospital.

inpatient is when someone stays one or more nights in the hospital.

I would say from August….

examining room; you don’t need “be”

What field are you involved in?

11:09 PM Jan 06 2004 |

maggietsai

Canada

Thank you again, Marylyn!

But, could you explain more on the useage of these two words?

And which of the following sentencs are correct?
1. He was an inpatient for 3 days.
2. He was under inpatient care for 3 days.
3. He was hospitalized for 3 days.
4. He will need to be hospitalized for 3 days.
5. He will need inpatient care for 3 days.
6. He will be our inpatient for 3 days.
and can i just simply say: He will have to stay at the hospital for 3 days?

Or is there a common way to describe these situations?
Many more thanks!

12:56 PM Jan 07 2004 |