Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

i cant understand some thing in EBABY

Sorumsuz

Sorumsuz

Turkey

sometimes, somebody sends me a message that write her email adress

but i cannot see who she is. i cannot visit her profile

why does somebody prefer the way like this and why cannot i see the person that  send message

03:46 PM Aug 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

These messages are 'SPAM'. Every one of them has a Yahoo email address. Somehow people have found a way to flood Ebaby with these false messages. Don't worry about them, just delete them. They are usually offers of friendship or marriage from Nigeria. Nigeria is famous for 'scams' and theft over the Internet. 

If you can't visit the profile, that means that Ebaby has deleted them and canceled their account. The black name means that the person doesn't have an account at Ebaby now. They did but don't anymore. Don't respond to them and don't follow the yahoo email address or send email to it. 

05:39 PM Aug 19 2007 |

Sorumsuz

Sorumsuz

Turkey

thank you very much for your explanation

08:23 PM Aug 19 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

I do wonder about these names in black. If Ebaby has deleted them, how do they continue to post? I'm sure I've seen people asking me to be added to my friend list with a name in black. I'm almost sure I've seen names in black posting even currently to the forums. How does this happen? 

09:02 PM Aug 19 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

I just got Spam email here for the second time from the same person with a name in black!!

12:01 PM Aug 21 2007 |

songyuguo

songyuguo

Hong Kong

hi   How ary your English  i am  chinese  could I make a friend with you 

12:05 PM Aug 21 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

there must be some kind of glitch in the system that allows these people to come and go. Maybe they get banned and come back and use the same nickname. I got one this morning that was still active but I reported it as spam. I wonder how many people here fall for this and what happens to them afterwards? Do they get tricked into some scheme once they respond to the Yahoo address? I should follow one sometime and see what happens, then report back here. Anyone else want to try that?

01:58 PM Aug 21 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

Must be something wrong here.

I had someone who sounded legitimate at first. I added them to my Yahoo list. We sent some lines back and forth. Eventually, by incorrect answers and checking IP addresses, I determined this "girl" was lying about too many things. "She" keeps messaging me. I just ignore "her". I think "she" is some guy in some Net Cafe someone in Africa working some kind of con game.

10:25 PM Aug 21 2007 |

sabia786

United Kingdom

thanks,mapleleaf man,i really appriciate your knowledgeable response which is very beneficial for us

regards,

sabia..

07:31 AM Aug 22 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

Hi mapeleaf i too got 2 msg of this kind thanks a lot for your explain . I don’t understand why do these people do these kind of things ? Is there any profit of this ? You are very intelligent and wise

03:57 AM Aug 24 2007 |

explorer143

Pakistan

Oh, Mapalleaf Man! 

First of all thanks for you kind.

you solved big problem for me.

i also got several black name which are unclickable for me.

and also thanks for Sorumsuz that you post this forum and solve the this matter.

thanks to alls, GOD bless

07:01 AM Aug 24 2007 |