Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

It's difficulty for me to listen english!

tohm007

tohm007

Thailand

It's difficulty for me to listen english!

It's rather hard to follow phrase. When the native speaker is speaking.

I think that difficult for me to practise because I have no chance to speak with foreigner. And the important thing is some phrase or some vocabulary is blank from my knowledge.

Help me pleaseeee! Could U share your experience and advice some trick for me

Thanks a lot All friends!

06:50 AM Aug 20 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Obasad

Obasad

Yemen

Hi ,

To improve your listening skills try to listen to news on TV. Actually ,you know what is happen .So you can make mapping between what listen and events done.

Also you subscribe (free) for following podcasts in I  tunes program:

ESLPod.com's Guide to the TOEFL Test

English as a Second Language Podcast

Really it is usefull and they use simple method.

Regards

Note for more help contact me on msn

07:56 AM Aug 20 2007 |

tohm007

tohm007

Thailand

Thanks a lot Obasad!

I'll try that you advice.

05:39 PM Aug 21 2007 |

Lily :)

Lily :)

Russian Federation

If you want you may try this: http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/programs.cfm

It's news, but in this programme (it's called 'special english') they are read purpously for people who is learning the language. So they read them quite slowly and don't use any complicated slang and colloquial expressions!

I've been listening to about 2 reports every day for 2 weeks and I've already spotted the result! Now it's easier to me to understand English speech and it really enlarges your vocabulary!

And when it becomes simple to you to listen to this special news, you may move to BBC site. There in 'Learning English' you may listen to the news which are read fast and contain more complicated expressions!

Good luck! Tongue out

09:11 PM Aug 21 2007 |