Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Some useful information.

moowyare

moowyare

Uganda

Here is a magazine article which I wrote and I would like to know what you think about it. Feedbacks are welcomed.

In this article I am going to write about some useful information for everyone who is willing to set out alone to visit an isolated or remote area of sea or land where the climate can be scorching heat and dry. We will learn in this writing how to prepare for such trip, what to take on board and how to manage to survive in critical conditions.

Before you start your trip you should think ahead and predict what is possible to encounter you on the way. Taking enough supplies of food and water is very important. Also, you need to have a great deal of knowledge of how to survive in hostile environment and make sure to let someone (a friend or family member) to know when you are expected to return.

During your trip always bear your whereabouts in mind to avoid getting lost and if possible keep in tough with someone. In case of emergency be calm and act in responsible way.

If anyway, you became stranded attract attention by drawing SOS message and ensure that your signal can be seen from air. And don’t forget to renew it when erased. Another important thing is to conserve as much as energy as you can by working at night and to avoid high temperature keep yourself in the shade during the day. In such condition the last thing you need is to panic as it will not going to help you in anyway. Don’t be deterred by the threat of death and be determined to survive.

Finally, don’t be put off by anything which can cause injury and use the objects available to help you reach safety.

04:25 PM Mar 01 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

walaamostafa

Egypt

very important information i suppose specially when you said “keep in touch with some one” because that makes you feel more safety and i like to write a message through such a trip and i will think about these valuables information while i am in a trip

08:07 PM Mar 01 2012 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

i will add your instructions to my survive tool kit…. 

09:11 PM Mar 01 2012 |

Eydo

Eydo

Turkey

Yes it is useful information

09:28 PM Mar 03 2012 |