Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

WHAT MOVIES, KIND OF MUSIC, TACTICS OF STUDY DO YOU RECOMMEND TO LEARN MORE ENGLISH??

BCA 17

BCA 17

Mexico

I HAVE BOUGHT A BOOK BUT I EXPEND MORE TIME SEARCHING THE WORDS THAT I DON'T KNOW THAN REALLY READING THE BOOK..=/

04:40 PM Sep 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

That is true. I have a question. What type of book are you reading?

I have found that re-reading a book that I have already read in English first helps.

I am an English speaker and the language I am learning is Spanish.

I find this helps you to understand what is going on and hence infer the meaning of the word rather than having to learn completely unrelated vocabulary.

The book I did this for was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Which I had read about five years ago.

In my class, we use a similar tool  called a predictable book.

12:27 AM Sep 18 2007 |

BCA 17

BCA 17

Mexico

Hi kochin, thanks so much for your suggestion.

My mistake was that I did not know anything about the book that I bought!!!, only I bought it because is small (manually for bring it for everywhere) but  tomorrow I'm going to try to buy a book that I have already read.

The other thing is that I am trying to buy or download tv series in english to practice my listening, I'm trying to do many things for learn english because on my job is very important, I must to talk english for december!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01:36 PM Sep 19 2007 |