Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Please answer me British guys!

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Well…I had been dating with British guy over 2 years…I was dating with him seriously and he said so too(I dont believe it though…)I met his parents and they knew he was serious to me.But we had a lot of problems…..I had been thinking those were cultural differences,but now I really dont think so.

So,please tell me how b/f and g/f are in the UK.I'm really feeling depressed and I really would like to know where those problems came from after we broke up….

03:33 PM Oct 21 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

snowflakes

snowflakes

Turkey

of course. You must never break away..  You must really feeling depress. Life is very  good. Time is best medicine. You have to learn his culture and life and …   

to live very difficult in UK. You can achieve. Everybody is geting married. Everybody is agreement. You must watch him. But of course There was Problems, will ….  But not important .

Love is big. But Love can finish. dont forget.   Be careful..   :)    

05:32 PM Oct 21 2007 |

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Thank you for the replying,snowflakes.
yeah,love is big,but it can finish…... that is a big point…...

06:01 AM Oct 22 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Sometimes the problem is with the parents. Unless they are open to new people and different cultures, sometimes they can turn their child against the person's lover. I think parents have a dream about who their children will marry. Although he may not admit it, perhaps his parents suggested that this wasn't what they wanted for him. Is this possible in your case?

12:22 PM Oct 22 2007 |

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Thank you for the replying,mapleleaf Man.Btw I have been in vancouver island for 4 months,it was sooooo nice there.I love Canada.
well,your opinion could be the one,but in my case,probably it's not….because he told me that he had told his mum we broke up,then she had told him she had been very sad…..I also liked her(but we just met up in japan when she came here and we sometimes talked on the phone.)She even gave me a christmas present and card…..so It would not a main reason I suppose…. I think me and he had problem becausse of language as well….(I am even not sure if my sentences correct or not in this text) but it was not big problem…. He was immature and he was always angry or argue at me…...But I thought those are cultural differences…Some culture argue more than other culture.Especially in Japan we don't argue so often…... Anyway I really liked him and I have't been still over him at all….

02:35 PM Oct 22 2007 |

darnylad

darnylad

Spain

Dear Magumi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your english boyfriend,we are a little bit strange when it comes to women!

I don't think it has anything to do with race/language but maybe age?

You don't say how old he is and where abouts in England he's from but it could give you a clue as to how to sort out your problem.

We are not very good at expressing our emotions if we are stressed with work for example.

Does he have a demanding Job?

Richard.

11:17 AM Oct 23 2007 |

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Thank you Kanaobi~~><
I don't know how much you encouraged me.As you said so, he often expressed his emotions. And I did't express how I felt so much(I basically don't express myself so much) We had talked about it,so i tried to tell him how I was feeling and I think he tried not to be mad….but we were always argueing for many things….that's why I was carefully listen to him and admitted what he said,I think. But he didn't do that for me….
I was the one who said breaking up…..(I couldnt stand arguing…)I told those problems and how I was thinking to him but he still doesn't know exactly why we broke up,and he actually said he didn't know the reasons…..He sometimes really stuborrn and makes things fixed…..so I really wanna talk to him.

01:33 PM Oct 23 2007 |

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Thank you Richard,

Your messeage is really persuasive.

yes,age was the one of problems.I am 22 and still student and he is 27. So we had some difficult points about time and money.

And he is from England…. 

He has a demanding job, but his company is in a bad situation now….I knew about it after we broke up…..he must have been stressed out…..

And he was thinking a great deal of his friends…his priority was usually friends….well I know friends are important…but… How about people in england in that situation?

01:51 PM Oct 23 2007 |

darnylad

darnylad

Spain

Hi Mequmi,

We have a saying in England "the grass is not always greener on the otherside"

This means that if your boyfriend was stressed with work and saw his friends maybe out and about having fun/beer/a laugh he was envious and wanted  a piece of the action too!

In time he will realise that this is superficial and he will start to miss what you two had together!

Arguing with an Englishman is pointless as we always think we are right! What you should do is shout and swear at him to get his attention,call him an arsehole! But then you need the making up sex!

Sometimes we only argue to bringout some passion!Throw a vase at the bastard then kiss and make-up!

Enjoy!

02:38 PM Oct 23 2007 |

*Megumi*

*Megumi*

Japan

Yeah, I like the sentence as well!
Here is a good news, we will meet up this weekend! so I will see how we are going….He doesn't care one thing long time,he mailed me back right after I mailed him. Men don't care specific things long time~that's why I sometimes can't understand what he is thinking…..

04:05 AM Oct 25 2007 |

ttommy209dd

India

LOVE  is important ,  could you realised the love with each other? if is it  true …...the other matters are not a problem,you must proceed….....

02:45 PM Oct 25 2007 |