Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what do u think?!

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Hey everybody! My name's emna, i'm an english student..I want u to give me your attitudes about the following:

If the PAST is considered as the nightmare of what is taking place in the PRESENT, which is meant to be reality,...what would the FUTURE be??

Please don't hesitate to reply Thank u very muchWink

11:41 PM Oct 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

winning82

winning82

China

Hello, I am a woman from China, very glad to study here together with you

05:18 AM Nov 07 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Yes "rej", being hopeful is a very interesting part to be able to understand you life and try to improve it as much as u can :)

01:51 PM Nov 07 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Hello "winning82" welcome to this forum :D..I'm very happy u joined us here..I hope that u'll give us ur opinion soon so we could discuss it :p:p..have a wonderful day!!

Emily_moon, ok think about it and tell me the results lol :)

01:56 PM Nov 07 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Well…I got another comment from a friend of mine..He says:

""OK, I would consider the statement from a certain positive perspective. Let's say like you said that the past is the nightmare of the present then, whenever time goes on, you'll always look at your past with a kind of dissapointement, that is to say you look at it with

a cirtical look and then, you can improve your current status and consider other options to improve. Thus, you'll always have challenges and whatever you do seems never to be enough! You'll always have then a better future

However, we can consider the statement from another point of view. If for example you ll look at your future with disgust and fear, you'll be always crippled and think that you can never achieve anything because you'd think that whatever you do is a waste of time and just nothing. What I mean here, is that if you consider this statement from this perspective you will never improve or do any progress, you'll be just like an idle person who is expecting nothing from life.

for a conclusion, we can draw the analogy of "kadha & kadar". Depending on how you understand what they mean, your life would greatly vary. If you think that your future is in your hand & thus can do a lot of things to improve, then you'll always work hard to achieve something which is true as well for the first perspective we talked about.Otherwise, you'll think that whatever you do won't do any good (just like the 2 perspective) and have no better future.

What I mean here, is that dependign on your percption of life, you can analyse any statement posively or negatively. Aid your life get better or afflict it forever.""

"kadha & kadar" means the things that happen to us by the wish of God and we got nothing to do with these things (from a religious view)

08:35 PM Dec 11 2007 |