Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How can I improve myself like native English speaker?

kingspachi

kingspachi

Canada

Hi,
I am kingspachi, I am from Hong Kong, and I’ve been in Canada from few years. Supposes that I am lucky because I can practice English almost everyday (the case is that I am shy, so sometimes I don’t talk too much.) I can talk to my teachers, and I listen program on radio everyday.
I found that it’s my bottleneck now. I can understand around 60 – 70% from the native speakers. But when they group together and chat, I can barly understand them and I don’t know how to intreput them.
Also, my speaking is poor too because I can only express myself in short sentences, and I don’t know how to describe words in beaufiful sentences.
How can I become a native English speaker?
p.s. I like to chat with you guys online by English. So add my email: kinginvan yahoo com

08:26 AM May 11 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kangquy

Viet Nam

It would be nice to get your shareing. Hope to get your tips someday. I am not good at English so my job often stuck, hehhe. I always appreciated all of ieads guys.

12:26 PM Jul 18 2008 |

david_marceno

Brazil

Yes, living in an english speaker country is undoubtly the best way to improve your english skills. Writing is also a great exercise. Try it! Every night, before going to bed, take a piece of paper and write down every thing that happened that day, in english. Try to use some new words and keep a good dictionary by your side so you can look for new words. This will raise up your vocabulary and besides, it's very fun!

05:21 AM Jul 19 2008 |

milarpita

milarpita

Germany

I don know whether it's write or wrong but i recommend this site

easyenglish4u.googlepages.com

I got a lot of help from this site related to Spoken English.

Thangs

Milan

08:23 AM Jul 19 2008 |

milarpita

milarpita

Germany

Thangs

Milan

milarpita

milarpita

Germany

Thangs

Milan

david_marceno

Brazil

I think you meant "I don' know wheter it's RIGHT or wrong…" don't you?

WRITE means to take note about something, like write a letter or write a book. RIGHT means that something is correct.

I'd commited this mistake myself sometimes so I'm just helping you ok?

10:31 AM Jul 19 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

You're right, david_marceno.

We also normally say "it's great fun!" instead of "it's very fun", though "it's very funny" is acceptable in certain contexts.

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/11717-its-very-fun-its-very-funny.html

Also, we say "an English speaking country", instead of "an English speaker country". 

http://the_english_dept.tripod.com/esc.html

08:09 AM Jul 21 2008 |

izinma

Algeria

i can say that i have the same problem but u are better than me at least you live in a place where you can listen to native speakers but i listen to them only through tv.i studied english in university for 4 years i finished my studies in 2006 and i sterted losing it because i do not use it too much not at all,iam very sad for this help me if you can to find a solution for both.

06:38 PM Jul 21 2008 |

Emma-cc

Australia

i think.you should do it

07:13 AM Mar 24 2011 |