Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Can you suggest me an english grammar book ?

disenioweb

Argentina

Im looking for an english grammar book ? can you tell me which is the best ?
Thanks

12:09 AM May 18 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

hi disenioweb, for me one of the best is
Grammar in use Raymmond Murphy
Basic or Intermediate
of course there are a lot of these material around, but i like that mostly.

03:34 AM May 18 2006 |

disenioweb

Argentina

Hi Rita, very thanks for your suggest…i already have these great books ( basic and intermediate )...
Thanks

02:41 PM May 18 2006 |

MerlinKRT

United States

The best book to learn basic english is called phonix  they use in in grammer school whith all children

05:09 PM May 28 2006 |

MerlinKRT

United States

phonix they teach children up to the ages of high school

03:50 AM Oct 05 2006 |

MerlinKRT

United States

phonix they teach children up to the ages of high school

03:50 AM Oct 05 2006 |

aisizhu

China

I do not kown how study english? I can not remmber words .I do not clear the grammar .when I reading ,I offcen do not kown what it is mean

05:10 AM Oct 05 2006 |

aisizhu

China

I do not kown how study english? I can not remmber words .I do not clear the grammar .when I reading ,I offcen do not kown what it is mean

aisizhu

China

teacherem

teacherem

United Kingdom

The murphy books are great for practice, good illustrations too!  If you want a reference book, I always recommend A-Z of English by Leech.  Very well organised, it's alphabetical and you can look up the word like 'at' or 'the' or you can look up by grammatical term like 'prepostions' or 'definite article'.  This was my bible when I was learning to teach!  If you want something more advanced try Michael Swan's English Usage.  More difficult to understand but great for advanced learners.

09:29 AM Oct 05 2006 |

worklifeenglish

United States

ESL grammar workbooks by Work/Life English are fun and practical. We help students to understand and use the language more naturally. Our ESL workbooks also help students practice the English language effectively. To begin with, you can also check out our free ESL printable worksheets.

07:55 AM Jun 14 2022 |