Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What do you want to learn

EnglishteacherDave

Ireland

Hi My name is Dave English and I’m an on line English teacher, I have a blog and YouTube videos where I post some information on basic English grammar, slang and the differences between British English, American English etc.

I am looking for more ideas on what you would like me to explain, any suggestions let me know and I will try my best to do a quick explanation here in English Baby and if it’s an interesting question I will do a bigger explanation on my blog and YouTube!

http://english-lessons-on-line.blogspot.com/

06:13 AM Nov 13 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NRLHOSSAIN

Bangladesh

i want to be your student. Do you give me a chance to be your student. I am very eager to learn english.

Thank you Hossain

11:41 AM Nov 13 2007 |

NRLHOSSAIN

Bangladesh

i want to be your student. Do you give me a chance to be your student. I am very eager to learn english.

Thank you Hossain

11:41 AM Nov 13 2007 |

NRLHOSSAIN

Bangladesh

Thank you Hossain

11:42 AM Nov 13 2007 |

NRLHOSSAIN

Bangladesh

Thank you Hossain

11:42 AM Nov 13 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Don't answer this guy people! This is SPAM and should not be allowed here on this free site. This guy is scum! Anything he can do, you can get for free here. Don't answer any of his posts and report any messages from him as spam. The only reason I am answering this crap is to let people know what this is about. 

SPAM

04:49 PM Nov 13 2007 |

EnglishteacherDave

Ireland

Hossain

I am not looking for students, I am looking for topics to write about in my blog, i.e. what learners of English have difficulty with, not what I think they have difficulty with.

11:25 AM Nov 14 2007 |

EnglishteacherDave

Ireland

Brian (I believe that to be your real name Mapleleaf man)

I think you got the wrong end of the stick (fancy explaining the idiom). I view my blog as a free resource just like the way I view online dictionaries, online tables of irregular verbs, and online lists of phrasal verbs as free resources. I don’t charge anyone to read my blog (I don’t even have Goggle addsense on my blog) I don’t keep track of who comes to the blog and all it is contains articles that my students have found interesting.

I have never and will never ask anyone here in English Baby to be a paying student of mine (as a professional English teacher of over 25 years I have enough).
Unfortunately as a busy professional English teacher I don’t have the time to go trawling through the posts here to find topics to write about and I had planned on using this thread as a way to build up a list of topics that students have difficulty with, and not what I think students have difficulty with.

I wanted to use this recourse for a wider range of topics than I get from my predominately European student base.

I was not aware that blogs could be created on this site, if I knew before I posted the address of my blog I would have listed the English Baby blog as a link.

Finally I found your personal comment about me offensive, and disturbing, especially as you don’t know me, but you assumed you did.

You will not bully me off this site, and when I can I will continue to provide correct succinct and clear answers to questions posted here.

Dave

PS Thanks for killing off the thread (perhaps you would like to use that as a way of explaining British English irony)

11:27 AM Nov 14 2007 |

ksardar

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Thank you for your reply,I am khalil sardarzaei from iran where english is not so common , so that i should confess that i am self learned ,i have introduction to many of advance english vocabs espesially in the economics and business field but untill i had not enough communication with english speaking peoples i can not trust wheter my english is good or not.
i always read a mixed of american and british articles , books and … that might damage my english.

02:20 PM Nov 14 2007 |

shakict

shakict

Pakistan

I want to be your student. Do you give me a chance to be your student. I am very eager to learn english…

08:09 AM Dec 27 2007 |

shakict

shakict

Pakistan

which kind Of topic..we dont know..we have not brain like u…still v r young…b/c now our brain going to come…basicly i'm not goog at speaking English…i dont know what i'm writing here…but plz dont get own heart…i also wanna advise own ealder u r my ealder plz give a chance…

08:21 AM Dec 27 2007 |