Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

telingl lies------ the nature of mankind

wamin

wamin

China

Do you think telling lies is the nature of mankind ?

08:43 AM Nov 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

thilini

Sri Lanka

According to my point of view, it is the nature of mankind. People do tell lies due to various reasons. And from their side they may have valid reasons to justify it. People lie to others mainly to protect them self, to protect their dignity, protect somebody else, to not to hurt someone and also people tell lies to hurt people, to get the revenge from somebody, to put some one in to the trouble or just for fun.  Outcome of telling lies is mainly depending on the objective of telling  lies. Sometimes by telling lies, we can even avoid a tragedy where as sometimes telling something fake will leads to create unnecessary conflicts and tragedies. As human beings, we all have lied to someone in our lifetime. it may be for a valid reason or may be not and also others may accept your justification or may not. So telling lies is the nature of mankind.

11:29 AM Nov 19 2007 |

wamin

wamin

China

I agree with you.

02:40 PM Nov 21 2007 |

prison break

Saudi Arabia

ur fingers not alike.

06:26 PM Nov 21 2007 |

echo luan

China

I do not think it is the mankind of nature. The surroundings make us to tell lies, meanwhile most people think it is justifiable.

But lies distory the trust.  

02:49 PM Oct 20 2008 |