Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

(IELTS) Exam Preparation.for Acadimic Propose.

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Dear Friends,

Some of us is intent to study abroad , and some universities are requesting high scores in (IELTS) exam to be admitted in it.

hence, we want to make an intencive concentration on the four skills of Elnglish Language (speaking, writing, reading and listening) for academic propose.

So, any one who has quastions about the four skills of English Language , just set your quastion here and we are going to share the information together.

If you have any suggestions please dont hesitate to add your voice about this object.  

Yours Sincerly

>..Diplomatic..<

11:15 PM Nov 27 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sailing to the moon

Canada

I have written the IELTS and I am going to get my score this week .. I don't know I am going to get a good score or not ..

anyways. The test was average .. but what you need is getting an idea about the way they use to test you .. So, If you knew the way they use to test you would do well ..

Feel free to ask me any question you want ..

11:32 PM Nov 27 2007 |

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Thank you verey much for your comment and I wish you to get a high score in it.

Have you got any preparation course?

12:14 AM Nov 28 2007 |

thisisbenmo

China

I will have my IELTS test on 15th December and it's my birthday. Wish myself good luck!Laughing

02:55 AM Nov 28 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

Do you know how difficult is IELTS compared to FCE? :O because I passed FCE with an A but I don't know if IELTS is more difficult or just similar..

04:18 AM Nov 28 2007 |

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

you can download free now.   

Dear Thisisbenmo,

First of all happy birthday for you in advance , and be trusted that you will get a high scores in the test.

For more informations about the exam you can visit the link bellow and you can download free ielts study guid.

http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/software/t-free-ielts-study-guide-download-bputrezs.html

Yours Sincerly

Diplomatic…>>

08:07 PM Nov 28 2007 |

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Dear Komodia,

The Ielts exam its very clear to any one and very easy too, only you have to be knew the way of quastions and the secret way how to be controling the exam time .

--------------
                      Why should I sit for IELTS?
---------------

Success in the IELTS test can open up significant

opportunities for study at a university of choice, immigration

to another country or for those looking to further career

prospects in an English speaking environment.

and there is tow kind of ielts exam one for (Academic propose) and the second one is for (immigratio or working in a foreign country)

========================================

IELTS Band Scales (LEVELS) : as follows :

Band 9 Expert User
Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.

Band 8 Very Good User
Has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriacies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.

Band 7 Good User
Has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.

Band 6 Competent User
Has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.

Band 5 Modest User
Has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.

Band 4 Limited User
Basic competence is limited to familiar situations. Has frequent problems in understanding and expression. Is not able to use complex language.

Band 3 Extremently Limited User
Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.

Band 2 Intermittent User
No real communication is possible except for the most basic information using isolated words or short formulae in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.

Band 1 Non User
Essentially has no ability to use the language beyond possibly a few isolated words.

I wish that I added a value information for you about this subject, for more benefit visit this website :

http://www.ielts-exam.net/ 

Yours Sincerly

>...Diplomatic...<

10:00 PM Nov 28 2007 |

thisisbenmo

China

Thank you, Diplomatic. I think I will pass IETLS this time, because I have been working hard to prepare for the test for months.

03:17 AM Nov 29 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

Thanks for the information, Diplomatic! I want to sit for the Ielts exam to be able to go on exchange in one or two more years to any english-speaking country. I already passed with an A the FCE exam, but not many universities abroad accept this exam. I also sat for PET when I was 13, and passed with merits.
For what I know, FCE and Ielts should be very similar, but Ielts has a more "complex" vocabulary. I practiced a bit for Ielts when I was still attending to school (I just graduated), mostly reading comprehension, and I did very well, with just about 2 to 5 wrong answers in that part of the exam.

Most universities ask for 6 or 6.5 as a minimum score, but I have no clue of what my actual level really is.

Sorry for making this too long :S..

P.S: I was going to answer on private, but finally decided to do it here :) 

05:55 AM Nov 29 2007 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

heeey Diplomatic,

firstly, thank's you for opened this Topic! i think many people will useful from it!!

you know, i have been through IELTS test twice.

Unfortunately, i didn't get it ! Frown

the first time i wasn't prepared, i wan't even know WHAT is the IELTS exam ! and i got ((4.5))

the second time i prepeared " i did many pratices" listening, reading, writing and speaking" and i got (( 5))

however, my university wanna from us to get at least 5.5 !!

so, nowadays i am taking IELTS classes and my other exam will be on 12/1/2007.

you know what my real problem.!

it was the TiME Cry

unbelievable, the exam wasn't so difficult at all " i have been practiced alot " but on the exam i couldn't finish. Moreover, we i just look at the clock i became confusing and i lost all my focus! especially in reading ! did you know that in my first time i just read the first section from reading " other sections i just guessed the answers and let many answers emptey!" . whereas, in my second time" i just read one section & a half from the second section << i didn't even look to section 3"

also, speaking.. i was worried about the Topic , i was panic! so that the words get out from my mouth with a worried voice & confusing sentences.!

I believe that my main problems are, the time and feel panic when i catch the papers!!

sometimes i feel that my brain will expoled!!!!

JUST Wish ME THE GOOD LUCK!!Sealed

08:52 AM Nov 29 2007 |

friend4ever

United Arab Emirates

Hi Diplomatic, Nice topic to share, I was planning to take the IELTS but I change my mind even though I am taking IELTS course. I was planning to take the International TOFEL test instead of IELTS. But my teachers saying I can do it, I tired to register for the test but no place before the January.

09:20 AM Nov 29 2007 |