Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Lie After Lie

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

What’s the meaning of that? It means U shall create another lies after U tell untruth. How come? For example: Last night U visited a place that your mom doesn’t like it (Pub  or Discotheque, maybe!!). When U had arrived at home, your mom asked U: where U have been. What your answer? ‘coz u know  your mom so well if U visit those places, so you lied..

What happened after that?? Maybe your mom make another questions, and ‘coz in the first answer you lied and of course you made untruth answer after that!! For example: in the first answer, you told her you were from your friend’s house. Your mom asked : Who’s name? where? ..bla-bla-bla.

For those questions, I’ll bet you can’t give a truth answer!! . I know, It’s very difficult to say honest!! But if u make a lie U will tend to make another lie ! . That’s why, I ‘ll try not to be a lier. I can’t make a good lie sentence and anybody will believe what I say!!. Really I hate this situation!!

But sometimes Lie is needed to be!! Hm… that sound is contradiction ??? but really..it’s true. It usually called “ White Lies “ (Not White Lion!!) !! For example: U met a man who is chased by his enemies. He hide in your home. When U met his enemies, U didn’t tell them about him!! (But please this is special case, Don’t do same treatment If  he is a robber!!).

OK ..up to U what U want to choose: .tell the Truth even it’s bitter or Lie..but U feel uncomfort!!

05:06 AM Dec 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yana011

yana011

Philippines

well sometimes, white lies are good but in depend upon the situation. Scenario: You been in a relationship. Then your man is totally sucks, i mean.. he wants you report even little things where you go? what do you do?..balh..blah. And then you feel pissed off! you asked to your self: Do I should tell everything even those not big deal? and then you would say.. hey honey I'm just going to the supermarket (but truth you will go to your friends house) because your man doesn't allow you to go to your friends house. 

In short you should not tell all things and share things that happened you in the past even he or somebody keep on asking about it. If you don't want to feel guilt ..then better to keep your mouth shut. Or don't say anything even a single word. For you not to tell lies, not feel uncomfortable, and have a clean conscience.

05:29 AM Dec 06 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Good idea!! anyway..Do U often tell lie??Laughing

05:39 AM Dec 06 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

hahaha! well I'd lie if I say no??..Laughing

05:53 AM Dec 06 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

what 's expression of your face? do U think people usually know that you're lying…

'coz..my friend can see/feel (just look at my face) when I tell the truth or not.. 

06:04 AM Dec 06 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

dear… you asking me if i do often lie? and i answered you back "well i lied if I say no?" ... i mean is.. sometimes i do tell lies, but in order for me not to do it frequently i keep my mouth shut. I'm not hypocrite if I say I'm not lying. I'm just a human commit mistake. hope you got what i meant.. 

06:13 AM Dec 06 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

well ..i cant look at them eye to eye… if you lied you cant see them straight to their eyes.

06:20 AM Dec 06 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Hai..I;m not hypocrite either. Sometimes I also tell lie for something better..(But as I said,..I couldn't express as though I didn't tell lie). So..people knew what 's the real happened..

06:23 AM Dec 06 2007 |

hennoune

hennoune

Mauritania

verry nice subject ,but lying always making trubles,so I advice you to try telling the truth always .

09:21 AM Dec 06 2007 |

iriszhang2008

China

agree with you.

09:50 AM Dec 06 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

although it sometimes will make U in danger area, right?

04:30 AM Dec 07 2007 |