Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

how is your life

engemala

China

hello.i'm a freshman in China.at first i'm not used to my college life and even scorn it.but after one month i changed my mind.i love the style of college life.and i love my room-mates.there are 10 in my dormitory.

but there is still one thing that bored me.i;m not a open-minded girl and don't know how to communicate with others.who can help me.

09:26 AM Dec 13 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yehe8088

yehe8088

China

Well,all  you have to do is forget this problem and stay with your classmates as family.you will be ok.

09:36 AM Dec 13 2007 |

mysterio

mysterio

India

I guess, anyone in your situation would face this problem in a foreign country. It will take some time for you to get used to the people and their customs, their way of life. Once you get past that, i guess it will be lot easier for you to interact/mingle with your room-mates.

You can always show an interest in learning about chinese traditions. That might encourage them to come forward and help you. Laughing

09:47 AM Dec 13 2007 |

engemala

China

thank you for replying.but i'm afraind you made a mistake.i'm a chinese.i just came to a new city from my hometown.

thank you all the same.

06:53 AM Dec 15 2007 |

Annous

Annous

Israel

I'm afraid its not a problem…It's just normal For any New way or new stage of our life…Step by step you can deal with it… At the same time try to treat others with your way.. and try to accept their ways… but it does not mean  to like all of them or like their living way….or their behavior..!!!!

Just be cool….And act as your self…you've many great things you need to prove and show to others arround you…don't be shy…improve your self in many diferents feilds…and ways…try to be the top in many things…look forward your interest things….

Don't forget to be only your self…delete fear and hisitation from your dictionary…face your new life and stage with strong and flash vision…..

Good luck …....and go ahead

08:01 AM Dec 15 2007 |

engemala

China

thank you very much.i would accept your suggestion.i think i'm too shy to show myself.and i have no confindence.

08:16 AM Dec 15 2007 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

this kind of problems faced every one.but not to be afarid from any point the things started, if u can't meet the people not to talk to them then how could you know and learn about new things and get experience.

08:24 AM Dec 15 2007 |

Annous

Annous

Israel

Have you a mind? Have you a good body…? Have you a brain? Have you a pure heart? Have you a good manners>>>??? have…. have…... haveeeeeeee…....?

Ofcourse you have all of these great things and more…..you are special.. you know why..?? Because you are just you… and no one can be you except you… for that you have many special things no one has ….. discover then creat your personality for the best…show yourself in the way you dream with… The good thing you have in your situation… is that you are new… so no one knows the way you looked before…. For that you can appear with anew look …. act with the way you alomst dream to be…. forget the disadvantiges you had before… as i told you no one knew your bad things… or your week personality….. Go ahead… show everybody your strong side….Introduce your advantages and your strong and confidence charachter and personality….. Good luck …ND TRY TO DO YOUR BEST…...

08:33 AM Dec 15 2007 |

julietchang

China

well    i don't know it

anyway    wish you best

01:30 PM Dec 15 2007 |

shihongwei

shihongwei

China

my life is easy. now i am a student .i love playing, sing and so on.i also love make friends. never give myself press. happy every. make friends with me if you want.

03:25 PM Dec 15 2007 |

engemala

China

thank you.what i always care about is what others look at me.i want to change myself but i just can't do that.i have tried many times,but failed.

i hate my personality.

06:12 AM Dec 16 2007 |