Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do you think about Poland?

Sowa

Sowa

Poland

What do you think about Poland? What do you know about it? Have you ever been to Poland? etc.

09:44 AM Dec 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

a7beekmoot

a7beekmoot

Saudi Arabia

i just know about the cawo there. most of the cheese in my country come from poland. so could u please tell us about ur country .and theier custom

02:24 PM Feb 07 2008 |

le_charman

le_charman

Turkey

I know your your country. and also know the beauty of Polish girls. If you wanna hear more,

my msn :

add meCool

08:29 AM Feb 08 2008 |

Seba88

Seba88

Poland

Hi everybody! Do you think polish women are beautiful?

10:16 PM Feb 09 2008 |

muriel86525

China

Polan has Madame Curie a famouse scinetist.

04:05 AM Feb 10 2008 |

edytka46646

Poland

we have and had many famous ppl :) 

12:03 PM Feb 10 2008 |

Seba88

Seba88

Poland

Many scientists are from Poland for example Łukasiewicz who invented an oil-lamp, Curie-Skłodowska who was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity, she discovered a polonium(this word is from Poland exactly) and a radium. Polish mathematicians decoded the enigma. My country have famous astronomers like Copernicus, Heweliusz, Wolszczan.

05:26 PM Feb 10 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Poland is also famous for the composer Chopin, and they were the ones who originally cracked the German enigma machine (the machine the Poles made, called the Bombe, was an important precursor to the modern computer). 

I lived in Russia and studied Russian in university, so many people I know there did not like Poles, because they said that Poles did not like them.

There are many Polish people living in the United States and Canada. I once dated a Polish-American girl, her name was Kate Shikarsky. She was very pretty but very cold.

01:23 AM Feb 12 2008 |

edytka46646

Poland

Some people think that Poles eat a lot of potatoes … well probably it's true :)

08:34 PM Feb 17 2008 |

漳州卤面

漳州卤面

China

I wish to be there

Its a good place

02:25 AM Feb 18 2008 |

edytka46646

Poland

we have polish village in Turkey names Polonezkoy :) (in polish Adampol)

very popular is our amber

the highest mountain in Australia is Kościuszko Mount. It was named by the polish explorer Count Paul Strzelecki.

Tadeusz Kościuszko had fought in the American Revolutionary War.

We have very bad roads :P

We have 4 season (not only winter) :P

we don't use Cyrillic alphabet :)

Poland is situated between  Germany , Belarus and Ukraine

some ppl don't even know those 3 things :p

01:18 PM Feb 18 2008 |