Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which is more important for a Chinese?(Christmas and Chinese New Year)

luminous~

luminous~

China

lots of Chinese people are celebrate Christmas now, they treat it more important than our traditional feastsso I would like to know which is more important for a Chinese

04:54 PM Dec 23 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hamedi

hamedi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

ofcourse chinese lunar new year(spring festival)is much important for chinese people as I personally witnessed it.the reason is that it has deep root in chinese culture and beliefs.

12:42 PM Dec 26 2007 |

Keneath Chang

China

Yeah, more and more Chinese people have their new life-style , they like christmas and many other foreign fetivals !

It likes foreign people love everything about China ! Maybe

12:54 PM Dec 26 2007 |

happyjoyce

happyjoyce

China

chinese lunar year is definitely important, more important than any other festivals for our chinese people, especially for generation of our parents. christmas is just a holiday in fashion, but not our festival, we just take it for a chance to relax and happy.

06:09 AM Dec 27 2007 |

kevin_su1221

China

real problem that we have in china,especially in some big and fashional cities.when i was a child,i was a fanatic of lunar year.i could receive lots of gifts and my mom bought new clothes to me. but now,with my grew up,no one around me focuses on the spring festival. i think xmas or lunar year,or other festivals we have to know what the festival's meaning is,for some western people,they just have fun like go to bar or have a dancing party when christmas comes,so nomatter who i am,where we live in and how old we are,we must remember that the real meaning of the festival is.

06:38 AM Dec 27 2007 |

fengqing01

fengqing01

China

our traditional feasts   is more importent,Competing with each other in the birthday of Jesus Christ in the Spring Festival is to should be important , the birthday of Jesus Christ all is to affected by business family sales promotion

06:38 AM Dec 27 2007 |

hamedi

hamedi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

dear kevin,every nation should preserve their national cultural occasions and celebrate is to value them and convey them to the next generation to make them alive as they are part of the real identity of each nation.we should not blindly follow every non traditional occasions and substitude them with our rich culture.

07:32 AM Dec 27 2007 |

luminous~

luminous~

China

lol~~~

02:06 PM Dec 29 2007 |

daisy311

China

of course chinese new year!  it has the history of more than 5thousand years, I think it has infiltrated our bloods; Although christmas is gettling popular in china gradually nowadays, the reason is mostly because of the links with outside is broad and then the merchants want to get the benefits and make money from it. but still, new year is  our chinese symbol. now the festival is getting close, I miss home :)

03:14 PM Dec 29 2007 |

Vitas1988

Vitas1988

China

Spring festival  runs deep in Chinese consciousness.celebrating Christmas is a junior fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time. it is  a  stratagem of commerce.

05:11 PM Dec 30 2007 |

yio

yio

China

some chinese devote much attention to christmas day..maybe they are
Christianity .  and i think every chinese still think highly of the spring festival.

07:53 PM Dec 30 2007 |