Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Life is miserable when..... (please complete the sentence)

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

Hi everyone!  There are times when I feel that my life is miserable especially when I have problems. It feels so depressing. I know that I can consider many of you as my friends so please complete the sentence and share your thoughts on this. Thank you so much.

12:44 AM Sep 12 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Hi, Rocky 

Life becomes miserable if you lose sense of life, if you lose interest to life. This is most awful time. I know because I felt it. You don’t have any problem in this moment, because you so indifferent to everything…

But you are lucky, rocky! If you have problems – you live full life!!! It temporary difficulty, but it gives to you chance to understand what is real life’s values, what a real happiness.  

Take care! Keep smile! Kinski

06:35 AM Sep 12 2006 |

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

I appreciate your comment Kinski. Getting some words of comfort from you is a great relief for me. I will keep in mind what you said. Thank you so much and take care too.

06:51 AM Sep 12 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Life's miserable when you make it miserable.

04:08 PM Sep 12 2006 |

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Hello rocky,

You mentioned how do you feel sometimes and I have felt in this way many times too. I'm very fragile.

We all have to deal with difficulties.  We can feel tired and depressed. The point is how to solve the problems. Sometimes we think we are suffering a lot and we don't see a light , but later , when the storm is over, we feel we have learnt, we feel recovered and stronger and  we are ready for a new step.

Dear rocky, crises help us to grow up, ok ?

Life is miserable when … we are so blind that we can't see it is beautiful.

Thanks for the smile in your picture.Smile 

04:42 PM Sep 12 2006 |

banootah

banootah

United Arab Emirates

life becomes miserable when you think that they are your friends, they are the most worth thing that you have , but after all these wounderful feelings ,you discover that, those friends are unfaithfulness . and they are a big lie in your life.

07:11 PM Sep 12 2006 |

Jakub

Jakub

Ireland

... when we don't see the light at the end of the tunel.

10:51 PM Sep 12 2006 |

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

I think you are right zars. I guess, what you mean is it is up to me  whether I consider my life as miserable whenever I am experiencing ang bad situation.

Thank you so much for giving a statement on this topic. More power and God bless! 

11:44 PM Sep 12 2006 |

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

Good day bigmama! those words you shared are enlightening. that reminds me of a story by Theresa Ateya entitled, "In the midst of darkness, there's always light.

Again, thank you so much. Take care.

11:57 PM Sep 12 2006 |

cat75

Viet Nam

Life is misersble when there are no friends around you and you don't still have faith of life any more.

12:39 AM Sep 13 2006 |

cat75

Viet Nam

Life is misersble when there are no friends around you and you don't still have faith of life any more.

12:39 AM Sep 13 2006 |