Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

why?why?why?!

Black pearl

Jordan

why do some people smile hiding there sadness for awhile?

why do we have to cry when we say the word goodbuy?

why we cannot change the world,and make it shiny bright as gold?

i guss the answer is theire,but they ned some one who care,((life is not always fair but it is bueatiful some how ,some where)).

01:45 PM Feb 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ttr100

ttr100

North Korea

My answers to your questions are here:

1. why do some people smile although they are sad?

In possitive side, psychologically it may encourage one self to overcome the sadness. That is why some say Laughing and Smiling are the best medical treatment. Let's try to smile when we are sad. Probably you feel somehow released from the sadness. Let's smile at someone who are sad and comfort him or her. Then the person may be feel released from the sadness and be able to cope with problems.

In negatie side, it might be unhealthy expression. It is like "I am strong! I am not sad!, I don't need to be sad! Don't worry about me! I don't want to show my weakness!" psychologically it is unhealthy. Individuals have emotions. We can cry. We can be delightful. We can be angry. We can feel sorry. We can exprss all of them within consciousness or being aware of who we are and where we are.  

2. Why do we have to cry when someone says goodbye?- I think it is natural for we are going to miss the person. We can choose whether to cry or say goodbye too with smiling. But the reason of the two expressions is same. 'I will miss you'. And what follow is also same, "I wish you all the best! or I wish you be happy"

3. Why we can not change the world and make it as shiny as gold?

There is a movie. (sorry but I forgot the title) The story is about miracle that changed the world.

there is a boy where most people around him somehow are selfish. Oneday, he helped three friends of him and, then asked each of them to help any other three persons and ask them to do what they do for them.

Imagine!! 1 child helped 3 others. And the 3 friends helped 9 person. And the 9 person helped 27. and so on and so forth. Imagine!! How many people helped others after a month? We can not change the world. But you can change the world srrounding you.

All the spiritual leaders, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and others did not changed the world geographically. We can not do either. But they changed the world that in the mind of individuals, and still they are changing here and now. I can not change the world unless I am changedI can not change the geographical world, but I can change the world that is in mind of person.  

And finally the world will be changed in love.You can do it!!! Black pearl!!! 

08:15 AM Feb 28 2008 |

munchkinxo

munchkinxo

Philippines

* Sometimes we have to smile even if we're sad because that's the only thing that we can do. I mean we can choose to be blue all day but I think it's not a good option so we just tend to take things lightly and enjoy what we have as much as we can.

But hey, it's good to cry once in a while too.

** Why do we cry when we say goodbye?

Goodbye is just so hard to do especially when it involves deep feelings, attachment and things like that. But then again, life's like that. People come and go.. but hey wait… there are some who'll stay with you too.

...and you are right there, Black pearl, life is not always fair but it's beautiful :-)

I guess the ups and downs along our journey is what makes life an adventure of a lifetime.. hehe

09:52 AM Feb 28 2008 |