Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

god bless America

gkisseberth

Germany

Nice to see that not all muslims think America is the "great satan"

A very interesting point of view from an Iraqi minister, especially his views about the state of modern islam. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLnMk-bO8w 

10:48 AM Mar 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Who's stealing all that Iraqi oil?

Exxon/Mobil?  BP?

How about "insurgents" (aka terrorists)

Iraq’s Insurgency Runs on Stolen Oil Profits

01:10 AM Mar 17 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Kana dear, Oh..that's why U're very strong to make it clear…

We have arrogant people here (Indonesia)? is that wrong if we have idealism..and we wanna try to build my lovely country without USA aid?? U underestimated…Frown. in this case, I like my first president said " USA..go to…... with your aid!"

There's no aid without goal inside, yap..they give their aid but they give  'term and condition inside', they should be permitted to dominate urgent sectors..such as oil. (exmaple: Freeport company in Papua Island and Exxon in Aceh Special Region..).But OK..I tell U (if it will make U happy), USA have important position in this world. It's a big country, or maybe biggest (after Uni Soviet dispersed)..that influences economic position (and other things). Just 1 vote from USA, everything can be changed!.

01:49 AM Mar 17 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Freeport's Indonesian operation is Indonesia's largest taxpayer and 10% of it is owned by the Indonesian government.

What Freeport is NOT, is the US government. If Indonesia does not want foreign investment, they can certainly prevent it. I'm sure they can refuse US aid if they wish.

If Indonesia or any other country really thinks they can go it alone, they only have to look to North Korea or Cuba for a good role model.

02:06 AM Mar 17 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

one more thing to chew on, pop,

In 2005, America provided 122.8 BILLION dollars in aid to other countries. Only 21% of that aid came from the government. 79% was from individuals, corporations, foundations, universities, churches, and volunteer organizations. 

Where's the "goal" other than using our wealth to help people in need?

61.7 BILLION dollars in aid to developing countries was from INDIVIDUALS sending money to their relatives in those countries. Where's the "goal" other than people helping their less fortunate relatives?

02:30 AM Mar 17 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

sory dear kana

you honestly make me feel pretty gulty for saying  america all the time .  . i should clarify  my view . how dare i to  fogot that the word america means you , your family , your friends . your fiance  and much much much more  of kind people . if i thought this word gather the whole nation of amarica i would not use it at all .

i should say bush and his government . but i did a tourple mistake .

really  . really really  . believe me , i did not mean the solder nor the people in america .i meant bush and thier government who thier care is  on amarica benefits and reputation . it is the politic .

i know every person has its intention . every soilder has his aims . it is quit unjustise to judge that all solders went iraq to kill people or to steale the petrol . no . no . no .no . i can never ever say that .

i really so so so sorry  . i did not meant to hurt your feeling .  i really so so so sorry .

trust me dear . i was near to cry while i was reading your commit .

really i do't mean you are all evil .

02:31 AM Mar 17 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

"I said some of indonesian people are being arrogant by asking their loan to US is being erased….". Sorry, I think I was misunderstanding what U wrote before. My point is that Indonesia doesn't wanna get aid with "goal inside" and we're trying to build with less aid.But  in fact, up to now, the Aid still have it. Don't close your eyes about that fact, dear. Yap..maybe your friend said right about Freeport contribution in Papua area. And I think that's Freeport's obligation!! Beside Freeport also have rights. (after U read this, I guess U will say: That's agreement! in every Agreement has right and obligation..Undecided).

gkisseberth: In 2005, America provided 122.8 BILLION dollars in aid to other countries. Only 21% of that aid came from the government. 79% was from individuals, corporations, foundations, universities, churches, and volunteer organizations. Yap..U're right (hey..U're very fast searching about it in internet, right? Surprised). But see…wherever it is from, your government is always behind. it's such this: U take them, or U get nothing from us!). Sorry..sound is rude. But actually as I said before, I don't hate USA, I like, but not much! And actually I just don't like  your government's policy (Bush exactly!). That's all.Sealed

05:11 AM Mar 17 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Pop, so when a person like me or a church, or a charitable group gives money that goes to a foreign country, my government is behind it?  How?

When immigrants in the US send money to their families in their home countries (61 BILLION dollars) my government controls what those people do with the money and gets something out of it?

You know that's not logical.

09:34 AM Mar 17 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

how hard to see that . this is the heighest level of humiliating

how did that for humen is devil it self , muslim could ever never do so  

now  .  american people

redwana show you the dark side of your picture , show you what we will never forget about amireca ,

it is the side that make most iraqi can not  say thanks for  america . the side you try to ignore and .

that do you expect from muslim has this  pictures in his mind all the time . you want him say you are like an angles come to resque the poor people . no this can not happen .

do you think this do not effect in any one opinion to word amirecan solders

not all of them . yes , but very hard to praise your deed in iraq while some behave in such way

it is your turn american to apologize for all muslim for such horribe deed . althuogh it does not change any

11:13 AM Mar 17 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

pologize first and than ask

it will be so cool to show some sympathy

or you can not be gentleman and kind person

11:33 AM Mar 17 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

you realy know more than us about the condition in iraq