Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

god bless America

gkisseberth

Germany

Nice to see that not all muslims think America is the "great satan"

A very interesting point of view from an Iraqi minister, especially his views about the state of modern islam. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLnMk-bO8w 

10:48 AM Mar 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

westmickky

westmickky

Nigeria

God has blessed AMERICA so much, and america has to bless God in return.. so other religional practional should not be jealous… because America is home of all people, it consist of people from different races of life

11:51 AM Mar 19 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

WETMICKY: yes, U’re right! God bless America too much! But America (govenrment) do its bless as if they’re the extending God’s hand! They are decision maker for other countrie’s destiny. And MARK, U said that “any plan for Iraq will have to be approved by Iraqi government” . Hm..so iraqi government in that time agreed with plan of iraq war?

09:21 PM Mar 19 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Pop, you asked if I know the difference between public and private money. It seems as if you are the one with the lack of understanding. 

You stated that no matter the source of aid, the US government put conditions on it. That includes the 79% of foreign aid that is from private sources, not the government. Clearly I know the difference. I ask you again, HOW does the US government put conditions on aid that comes from churches, from private charities, from individuals in the US sending money directly to family members?

(sorry if my response is later than you might like, but I was taking a short but well deserved vacation) 

07:44 AM Mar 20 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Kana dear, My last question was kind of sarkasm…(of course I know iraq history!). GKISSEB…: your answer is too late! Hard to explain U! Only one I can say, I’m one who always involved in negotiation between your gov’ & us! So I know how your gov’ characteristic so well! That’s all! Don’t ask me further about it!

08:39 AM Mar 20 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Pop, you are now just making excuses for not being able to answer the question. You made a statement that was simply wrong. There's no shame in admitting that you were mistaken and I think most people would respect you for looking at the evidence and stating so. 

I think it's great that you know the characteristics of my government so well. I really wish that I knew more about yours, but I don't (yet)

It's very probable then that you are well aware of conditions put on US government aid to your country, or can guess the underlying goals involved. I've never said that they aren't there and I think that they should be.

However, you said that the US government does the same with private aid, like that from individuals, churches or private charities. I will ask you again how they do that? Perhaps it would be easier to provide an example. Since you are so closely involved, I'll bet you can give us a great example without compromising national security.

thanks 

02:52 PM Mar 20 2008 |

oneaim_h

oneaim_h

India

This person represent him self and he is not representing 1.5 billion muslims.

05:04 PM Mar 20 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

oneaim, of course he does not represent all muslims. Does anyone? These were his own opinions and I thought they were interesting enough to share. It's not often that a public official in an islamic country is openly critical of the state of his religion. 

What's  your opinion about his statements?

06:35 PM Mar 20 2008 |

oneaim_h

oneaim_h

India

“USA helps a country” nice joke!!!

America is an intelligent satan

The war of Iraq is

1) To control the oil of Iraq.

2)To protect israel ( Sadaam was threatening the israel security).

3)To control the middle east.

4) A part from cruciate war on islamic countries.

04:24 AM Mar 21 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Well, I guess according to the reasoning of some here and many worldwide, the US shouldn't recognize and help Kosovo because they are mostly muslim

For that reason, it would seem that US policy should be to declare war on them because the US wants war with all muslim countries.

I guess if they had oil we wanted, we would kill them and take the oil. No wait, we hate muslims in Palestine and Lebanon and they don't have any oil. 

Since the anti-muslim theory of foreign policy seems to be breaking down here, there must be some other more important reason for supporting Kosovo. Maybe we just want to get them to trust us before we kill them all. Maybe it's a trap. 

07:45 PM Mar 23 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Honestly, part of the reason is just to stick it to the Russians. 

It seems clear that Serbs and the ethnic Albanians in Kosovo can't live in peace, so a separate nation would be a good idea. But if it also goes against Russian interests and keeps them from more influence in the region, it's probably good for US/EU interests.

09:26 PM Mar 23 2008 |