Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

homosexuality worse than terrorism?

gkisseberth

Germany

Oklahoma Rep. Sally Kern on YouTube Clip: Homosexuality Bigger Threat Than Terrorism

Sunday, March 16, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY  —  A YouTube audio clip of a state lawmaker's screed against homosexuality, which she called a bigger threat than terrorism, has outraged gay activists and brought death threats rolling in.

"The homosexual agenda is destroying this nation, OK, it's just a fact," Rep. Sally Kern said recently to a gathering of fellow Republicans outside the Capitol.

"Studies show no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted, you know, more than a few decades. So it's the death knell in this country.

"I honestly think it's the biggest threat that our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat," she said.

07:19 PM Mar 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

ok .homosexuality is normal , this is how you see it

now , tell me

is all kind of sexual pervesions is normal . or just this one according to you kana, markchina , black and all how say normal

just want to know

i heard from psycological doctor appeared in tv that nearly 90% of homosexuality cases are just a sickness . i mean it is not thier nature to be homosexuality but because of something happened in thier childhood may be or in thier life in general .they became like that .

what do you think ?

11:49 PM Mar 18 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

Even if that doctor IS correct, personally, I don't even really like the 'we were born that way' argument – because I don't frankly care if people are doing it because it's their nature or because they just feel like it.  Private sexual acts between two (or more!) consenting adults should ALWAYS be legal, whether people were 'born that way' or just feel like it. 

I was not born gay, and I do not feel any biological urges towards other men – I happen to prefer heterosexual intercourse.  But if I bugger a friend of mine, have an orgy, or engage in any other 'perversion' with a consenting partner, it's my business alone, not the government's.

01:38 AM Mar 19 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

Plus, I mean, we are ALL products of our experiences.  Nobody's naturally a Christian, a Muslim, a Vegetarian, a communist, a capitalist, etc – we are that way because of something that happened to us in our childhood or in life in general.  That doesn't mean that it's a 'sickness' – I think the term 'mental illness' should be limited to things that impede our ability to function in society. 

I don't think that homosexuality fits the bill – because the only way it impedes said ability is when governments kill you for doing it.

01:42 AM Mar 19 2008 |

Ryujin

Ryujin

Germany

Well since the WHO cut homosexuality from their list of human disease it is clearly no disease. I think the argumentation of what a disease is done by M.Augustus is right. 

However, although it is not important to know if homosexuality is born or made, I suppose it is born. Why?

For first there are many tries to "heal" homosexuality. Either with brutal and forcing camps or with psychology or whatsoever. I have never seen anybody that got heterosexual by that in any way. Though there are some that claim to be "healed" most of them get gay again and tell all tries for that are nonsense (besides every try leads to many psychological problems and diseases).

Secondly, if homosexuality was made, then heterosexuality also has to be made. I suppose nobody of you'd assume that. There are interesting theories of how it could be that this is born.

02:14 PM Mar 19 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I respect the preferences of everyone, I have no problem with that point. And I think terrorism has killed thousands of people for years!!!!

And this comparison would be like compare apples and nails!!! I mean, there´s no way you can´t match both subjects!!!

06:33 PM Jun 10 2008 |