Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Olympic games2008 One world, one dream, but WHAT ABOUT TIBET??????!!!!!!!

Ono

Ono

Hungary

The Chinese authorities are locking up as many Tibetan protesters as possible in different jails. Many of them are detained in a jail behind the Potala Palace and four other prisons in the Lhasa area. The Tibetan protestors were locked in all these jail like animals. When we contacted them this morning, no killing was reported—this could be due to international pressure. It is difficult to give an exact figure for a death toll, but if we total up the deaths from different information, more than 100 Tibetans were killed. As of Saturday morning, the Chinese authorities are imposing martial law and arresting and detaining any Tibetan who comes out in the street and dumping them in JAIL.

subsribe on:http://www.supportteamtibet.org/
visit for further information: www.studentsforafreetibet.org

Those who had alreadíy seen the 7 years in Tibet, or those who know something about the budhism, or about that peaceful contry can really feel with Tibet. They are under oppression since 1959. When China occupied Lhasa the world was dumb and deaf. They fear of that enourmous country…
But now, all eyes are on China becouse of the Olympic games. What’s your opinion of Tibet”s situation?
The slogan of the games is ONE WORLD ONE DREAM. —-considering the terror in Tibet isn’t it a dissembler?!
All over the world there are demonstrations, search on the internet, and go demonstrate for Tibet! If you don’t do that, you agree with China.

01:39 PM Mar 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

airsea123

China

hi aileench ,what  you said are very good .we should make  those who said tibet is not a part of china  to see ,especially those who donot know chinese history.

hi ono ,do you know what the red army means?

11:57 AM Mar 19 2008 |

anna banana

China

this is a very sharp issue now  but  you should learn more about chinese history about tibet   ,then  come back here.  and for now  the government of china  will deal with this problem appropriately in order to guarantee the 2008 BJ olympic game will hold on time and successful!

01:29 PM Mar 19 2008 |

summer0218

summer0218

China

i feel sorry about what you have said! tibet is of nodoubtedly a part of china! an inevitabe part! and it is very beautiful….

02:28 PM Mar 19 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

enough…i've already been fed up at this topic…

what's the evidence to suport you?

do you have the right to speak that Tibet is not a part of china?

how do you know that Tibetans live a terrible life there?

WELL

we need rational knowledge not radical speech

you can doubt everything;you have the right to air  your views in this forum;you can persist in your point of view and keep on….

BUT

as i have said before,what we said makes no sense to our policies.no one can change it that TIBET IS A PART OF CHINA!!!

if you want to know what's in Tibetans minds,you'd better come to Tibet Antonomous Region of China.

end

05:51 AM Mar 20 2008 |

vivie203

vivie203

China

Undoubtedly Tibet is a part of China.  Tibet together with other places makes what China now is. Since Tibet has being belonged to China for more than 700 years it has become an indispensable part of China.  700 years is much longer than the history of America.  By the way, don’t you think Louisiana is a part of America?  But as we all know, it’s not a part of USA until 1812 with an American history of less than 200 years which is much shorter than the history of China’s sovereignty over Tibet.   So, if u don't exactly know sth. pls do bark everywhere.

06:59 AM Mar 20 2008 |

vivie203

vivie203

China

Undoubtedly Tibet is a part of China.  Tibet together with other places makes what China now is. Since Tibet has being belonged to China for more than 700 years it has become an indispensable part of China.  700 years is much longer than the history of America.  By the way, don’t you think Louisiana is a part of America?  But as we all know, it’s not a part of USA until 1812 with an American history of less than 200 years which is much shorter than the history of China’s sovereignty over Tibet.

07:00 AM Mar 20 2008 |

vivie203

vivie203

China

but actually we are freedom to talk all the time

09:47 AM Mar 20 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

well…. I were in Tibet, I know Tibetains, and they aren't too similar to Chinese people. Their language is more similar to Mongolian than ching-ching chineese. That's the trouth…and you said that the  TIBETAINS ARE CHINEESE?! well, it's a kind of falsification of history, but it's not your default, the media and a communist gouvernement can raise up narrow-minded folks. Here, in Hungary too. So the people who hadn't see anything else than the small, false world around them,they are the victims of the gouverneurs.

how can I say that the Tibetains don't like to live under Chineese oppression ? Firs of all, it's a ridicuolus question. Would you like to live with those people who obliged you to kill your own family when you were a child?!!! I know people who had to kill their relations, a red soldier hold his arms, and his fingers on a trigger….
You, who can't think, you are the victimes, like Tibet's folk, maybe more than them, cuz the are free in mind…

10:56 PM Mar 20 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

n

10:58 PM Mar 20 2008 |

Ono

Ono

Hungary

aileen, I know very well China….
Ohh, and in my opinion the Inner MOngolians are sooooooo proud to be "chineese"...:S RIDICULOS..
mianmar….

11:03 PM Mar 20 2008 |