Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Olympic games2008 One world, one dream, but WHAT ABOUT TIBET??????!!!!!!!

Ono

Ono

Hungary

The Chinese authorities are locking up as many Tibetan protesters as possible in different jails. Many of them are detained in a jail behind the Potala Palace and four other prisons in the Lhasa area. The Tibetan protestors were locked in all these jail like animals. When we contacted them this morning, no killing was reported—this could be due to international pressure. It is difficult to give an exact figure for a death toll, but if we total up the deaths from different information, more than 100 Tibetans were killed. As of Saturday morning, the Chinese authorities are imposing martial law and arresting and detaining any Tibetan who comes out in the street and dumping them in JAIL.

subsribe on:http://www.supportteamtibet.org/
visit for further information: www.studentsforafreetibet.org

Those who had alreadíy seen the 7 years in Tibet, or those who know something about the budhism, or about that peaceful contry can really feel with Tibet. They are under oppression since 1959. When China occupied Lhasa the world was dumb and deaf. They fear of that enourmous country…
But now, all eyes are on China becouse of the Olympic games. What’s your opinion of Tibet”s situation?
The slogan of the games is ONE WORLD ONE DREAM. —-considering the terror in Tibet isn’t it a dissembler?!
All over the world there are demonstrations, search on the internet, and go demonstrate for Tibet! If you don’t do that, you agree with China.

01:39 PM Mar 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ono

Ono

Hungary

Otherwise I completely agree with Mark, you are a broad-minded man.

I know, people, in China, you can't do anything without being supervised. It's sad. There are other big contradictions. Those who sophisticate history should pay more attention to avoid those contradiczions. One day, the trouth will bear the palm, I wish that you'll live at the time, and recognise many lies.
And me too, I wanna live than.

11:16 PM Mar 20 2008 |

jess9622

jess9622

China

I can’t help posting…..I am so angry about what Ono and Mark said.  I want to let you know. What you said is absolutely partial and unreasonable.  You said both of you have been to China before.  Even though, are you sure what you saw and heard is true.  Are you sure you know Tibet people more than we Chinese natives do?   After all, the people you met in China is just a few.  The more interesting, you are so interested in those Tibet protestors, and what the people you met all are Tibet protestors, who may become terrorists.  It is incredible.   You are a kind person and full of sympathy, so you are sad for those protestors for their bad treats in jails.   However, do you know what are the reasons for their arresting?  Those poor protestors burned many shops and destroyed the streets in Lhasa with good plan, resulting in many deaths and wounded peoples and made the Tibet people’s life out of order.  What do you think about these deaths in the buring? They should be killed by those protestors?   Why don’t put your sympathy on these innocent people?   Anyone who does something posing a threat to people’s life and national safety should be punished.   If a murder is still free in the society after he kills a person.  We don’t need the police any more. everyone will become murders at last.  Our authorities arrested those Tibet protestors totally only to maintain the order of the society and to recover the daily life of the ordinary people.   So please think again, and decide these protestors should be arrested or not.  As Mark said, Tibet people speak a different language from Chinese.  Just for this, Tibet should not be a part of China.  Absolutely ridiculous!  What you said shows you knew little about china. China is such a large country consisting of 56 nationalities and different Nationalities have different languages.  There are many languages existing in china. But the mandarin is the general and official language.  Most Chinese people can speak and undersatnd mandarin.  However, since most of  chinese are from countryside.  They always speak their local languages in daily life.   As for me, I also speak cantonese, another local language, and mandarin at the same time.   Hope you can understand, China is not so small as UK or  Hungary, it is a large mult-nationality country.  It is impossible that our 1.3 billion people all speak one language.  Regarding the appearance, it is ture that people n Tibet as well as in Sinkiang and Inner Mongolia are quite different from most Chinese people just because they are minority for geography difference.  Some are similar with Russia people, some are similar with people from West Asia, some are similar with Korea and so on.   But, these factors can’t deny that Tibet is a part of China.    Finally, I want to let you know why we insist on that Tibet is a part of china.  To explain this, I must tell the brief history of Tibet.  Though it is a hard job for me to tell in English , but I will try my best to state it clear, clear enough to make you shut up. In the early time of BC, the original people live in Tibet kept contact with the people who live in middle plain namely in Henan Province . As time passed, many seperated tribes in tibet plateau become united gradually , forming the Zang Nationlity of today.During the period of Tang Dynasty(618-907), Tibet was united under led by great person of Zang Natuonality named Songzhan Ganbu , becoming to be the Tubo Dynasty, whose capital was called Lhasa today.  Tubo Dynasty and Tang Dynasty had a very close and good relationship through the political marriges. In the earily of 13th century, the geart learder of Mogon Nationality called Chengji Sihan united the whole china , including Tibet.  Them China went into Yuan Dynasty.  Just from than on, Tibet formally become a part of China.  In the following years, no matter how different dynasties altered, Tibet belonged to China all the time. But, due to the sharp fall in the end of Qing Dynasty, many foreign counrties, including UK, USA, Russia, Germany, Potugal, Japan all drove to invade and ocuppy lands in China.  China at that time were completely seperated.  Even if china ran into such hard time, Tibet still was a part of China.  After PRC was founded in 1949, the government of PRC made great efforts to set free Tibet in peace in that many-time agreenments were made by the central government and the Tibet local goverment  The respectable previous primer Zhou Enlai claimed to set free the Tibet people in 1959 and then Tibet autonomous rigion was biult up in Setemper 1965 till now.I do hold tibet is a part of china….and the 2008 Olympic Games will be sucessfully held in Beijing..

03:11 PM Jun 11 2008 |

RockyLove

RockyLove

China

every and each contry has flaws, and I think this is also to hungary. and you seems always concern the Tibet after 1959, why you dont mention Tibet situation before that year. Why you don't see that the most of people there were slaves before 1959, and the people there should work for monks and the Dalai Lama would peel a slave's whole skin as sacrifice, and no common people had chance to get educated unless they joined monks, and as a rule that each family should gave one child to cloister, do you think this was human rights for them? What do you think why the Dalai Lama wants Tibet to be independent? 'cause he does not want to lose his sovereign in Tibet, just like a slave owner does not want to lose his slave. And do you why America has a Civil War? 'cause the great pres. Lincoln would free all the slaves in U.S. you should never know this.

02:28 PM Sep 10 2008 |

chengfly

chengfly

China

又看到那个英国狗在乱吠

08:37 AM Oct 19 2008 |

milly831226

China

we should talk about life here ,not politics ,I don't kown why Mark and Ono like to talk that .I have seen Mark for many times to talk these political topic about China .What you want to do?Tell us.

09:28 AM Oct 28 2008 |