Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Let's talk about our State/home!

Belizza

Belizza

Brazil

I'm from Pernambuco. Here has a lot of beaches and very warm days! Typical dance is "frevo". We dance this in "Carnaval". We love "carangueijada" (cooked crab (whole)).

02:12 PM Nov 04 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

firefox

firefox

China

hi Where is your country?

03:42 AM Nov 05 2006 |

Belizza

Belizza

Brazil

Sorry, I forgot… I'm from Brazil!

04:04 PM Nov 05 2006 |

Beardy

Beardy

Austria

Hello! I'm from Austria, from Vienna.

07:32 PM Nov 05 2006 |

redpeace

China

i  come from china,and i like it  very much

06:49 AM Nov 08 2006 |

Vistyle

China

i come from China.my hometown is such a beautiful place where you can easily find some misteries and excitments!  

07:18 AM Nov 08 2006 |

xadax

xadax

Romania

I am from Romania, shes very beautiful contry. I live in the mountain city.

07:39 AM Nov 09 2006 |

Vistyle

China

of course,every place has its own wonderful sinery!

02:33 AM Nov 10 2006 |

Tabetha

Tabetha

Germany

Boys and Girls :- ) The request has been, to talk about our State/Home, not only to mention it :- ) For non-native speakers the sentence "I live in …" is the second you learn and it´s simple even I am able to build it :- ) (Before somebody ask, the first sentence is: My name is … :- ))

So let´s start me, to tell you a little bit about my country …

I live in Germany and I am thankful, to live in a democratic state. I am also glad, to live in a modern country, in which women and men are NEARLY emancipated. I am thankful, to live in a country, where you can get drink water out of the tap and nobody must die by hunger. In a country, in which corruption is not such a big theme in politics and where daily life is well-regulated.  

But on the other side, this well-regulation – sometimes we stand on our own feets. Because of this well-regulation we are often unflexible and yes, we have got a little bit lazy. And I think, our state is unflexible and actual for this it can not handle it´s biggest problems, our welfare systems breaks down. This I dislike (the missing flexibility, not the breaking down of the welfare systems, this I suspected years before). Also I dislike the weather! I would prefer to live in a warmer country. And in a bigger one – like USA. Germany and it´s cities – very small :- )

I guess we all love our home country, as well people who left it  for social or political reason (it´s not the home country we leave, it´s the system) – they all will have homesickness, won´t they?

07:46 AM Nov 10 2006 |

Felice

Felice

Philippines

Tabetha, that's a nice insight from you.  And, I could feel some frustration from you.  First, where you from?  You presently living in Germany?

My country is the Philippines – a country of 7,101 islands and islets.  thus, we have lots of beautiful and fine beaches.  White sand beaches, blue waters – like that.  And we have good diving spots here.  If you're fond of scuba diving, our country has some good diving spots.

Our wether is warn, and humid.  Summertime is when the weather is hot.  At this time of the year, it is still rainy season.  In fact, as I write here, there's a typhoon – named "Queenie"  Our country has at least 21 typhoons a year.  Imagine that! We have lots of rain.  And nice weather comes during the cold months from December to February. 

Ours is a democratic country and our government is presidential system.  Just like the US, where the president is the head of the government and is elected by the people. 

I hope one day, you can come here.  I will post here some more about our country.

03:57 PM Nov 11 2006 |

Beardy

Beardy

Austria

Many thanks to you, Ulli, for your full description about our lovely country! I'm also very happy to live in Austria!

07:54 PM Nov 12 2006 |